• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

About the IPMS Nats in Omaha - !! Photos !!

Heavens Eagle

OK, I was originally going to go then bills hit and couldn't.
Now my aunt passed and I need to go there anyway. :bang head

So the questions are:

Is there anything going on there Saturday?

and

Where is it located and maybe how to get there?

Yeah it is a long drive from Memphis, but if I have to go anyway, I am going to do the max stuff I can.

Third question, is anyone going to be there? Seems like today is the big one, but was one of those things about going. :idonno

About the IPMS Nats in Omaha HELP!?

Sorry for your loss.

Here's a link with all the info.

http://calendar.ipmsusa3.org/event/2017-ipms-national-convention-going-downtown

Rhino and Brummbar will be there Saturday, as I understand it. Group photo is required.

Fair winds to your Aunt, Paul- and I hope you can enjoy the big show a bit, too. Life goes in such funny ways, doesn't it? :zen

Made it to Kansas City a touch after midnight friday (Saturday morning) Left for Omaha at a bit after 9 am this morning. Ran into Chris (Rhino) as I walked in the door. (the Plastic Surgeons shirt helped)

Spent too much
Talked to those I wanted to. Really enjoyed talking through the translator to Mr. "Zoki Mura" and it was the perfect time - he was just chilling out and he and his staff were all super nice people.

The Eduard guys, -not so much-

Saw Mr.T's Fledermouse base in the contest room but didn't see him. Sorry I missed you Terry!

Bought a nice tool, and an old 1/32 Trumpy Mig 21MF kit, a Zoki Mura Raiden kit (with goodies and book) and some PE for my 1/32 Albatros D.I

Saw a test shot of the new WNW Taube kit. Looks pretty nice, will need to replace some plastic supports with brass, but looks to be a must have it kit. The elevator and aileron wing warp parts are very thin and it will be a rigging nightmare I am sure. (Yes there will be pics) :D

Took a lot of photos but will have to wait till I get home to weed out the good from the bad and post.

Thirteen hours on the road, too little sleep, deeper in debt, only 4 hours actually spent "running" through the show.

Was it worth it? Heck YEAH! (y)

About the IPMS Nats in Omaha - Visited and thanks!

Here are my photos from the Nationals in Omaha. I had about 4 hours to do everything I hoped to do. I think I managed all of it. YAY! :woohoo:

Here are some of the photos I took. As usual I will break them up over several posts. Enjoy!

Omaha2017-01.jpg

Omaha2017-02.jpg

Omaha2017-03.jpg

Omaha2017-04.jpg

Omaha2017-05.jpg

Omaha2017-06.jpg

Omaha2017-07.jpg

Omaha2017-08.jpg

Omaha2017-09.jpg

Omaha2017-10.jpg

Next...

Part 5, the last part

Omaha2017-41.jpg

Omaha2017-42.jpg

Omaha2017-43.jpg

Omaha2017-44.jpg

Omaha2017-45.jpg

Omaha2017-46.jpg

Omaha2017-47.jpg

Omaha2017-48.jpg

Omaha2017-49.jpg

Omaha2017-50.jpg

While it was quick, I did have fun and it was great getting to meet Rhino and Brumbar. Will probably pass on going to Phoenix next year, but 2019 is Chattanooga TN and I will be there.

Really nice pics, Paul. I am glad that you got to go. :dude

Paul, my condolences on your loss. It is always tough to lose someone.

I'm glad you got to go to this and thank you for the pics. I'm sorry you won't be in Phoenix; I plan on going and was hoping to meet you among others from the Alliance.

Take care and thanks again for the awesome pics; I'm glad you got to meet the others from the Alliance and get all the things done that you wanted to do.

Paul, my condolences on your loss. It is always tough to lose someone.

I'm glad you got to go to this and thank you for the pics. I'm sorry you won't be in Phoenix; I plan on going and was hoping to meet you among others from the Alliance.

Take care and thanks again for the awesome pics; I'm glad you got to meet the others from the Alliance and get all the things done that you wanted to do.

Thanks Mark. It ended up being totally unplanned, but worked out. I had originally planned to go to Omaha, but things happening the way they do here that had gone by the way side. Then it came back. :facepalm

As to Phoenix and the time it is just too far to drive, I hate flying anymore, and I won't want to deal with the heat. (melted models anyone?) Of course things could change as it is a year away at this point, but I am really planning on Chattanooga. There "should" be a bunch of the eastern MA folks there for that.

Also there is a meet later this month in Huntsville Alabama. Not sure if I will go to it or not. It will depend on just what is going on that weekend. We will see.

Hey Mike, you know I wondered why I was short a buck later on when I went to get dinner. :D

Actually, Don bought us all lunch and it was much appreciated. :notworthy We clicked like old friends and am looking forward to when we can next get together. It was a great time. (y)

It's My Dad that charges a Dollar to have a picture taken with him. It started on Puerto Rico in 2012.
h0acf1cd.jpg

If you hazard your reputation being seen with me publicly, I can NOT charge you for that! That cost is your own to bear!

Thanks Paul! I'm sure the pleasure was all mine!

Paul, I've been to the Phoenix Nationals and those guys put on an outstanding; almost flawless show. It is well worth the trip if you can make it. Also, of all the people who brought 2400+ models to the last one; not a single person mentioned melted models. I myself brought 101 models to that show in 2010 and not a single one was adversely affected by the heat.

Anyway, I'm glad things worked out and that you had a blast. Here's hoping I see more Alliance members at Phoenix.

Back