• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Who's Going to IPMS Nationals in Omaha????

Let me see if I got a network close by I can sabotage and get a trip lined up! :rotf

Wish I could, bet it will be a good show.

8c22025f88336bc24aaf49d5f950dea5--denver-broncos-funny-denver-broncos-football.jpg

I had originally planned to go visit my brother in KC and then make a day trip up to Omaha. But with my brother having to move out of his apt and me getting hit with stupid bills from the #&@!!!! worthless hospital I got stuck in a couple months ago not happening "again" this year. :bang head

I won't be be there ! 2018 is in Phoenix and won't make it either. 2019 in Chattanooga should be doable good lord willing.

I busted my chops to save up for this one, but all my work dried up. Nothing is left except for a small amount I still have for the San Diego Comicon that I'm working at as an exhibitor. After that, I hope things pick up since I;m shooting for Phoenix in 2018.

Bob, I took 101 models to Phoenix in 2010 and they managed to survive well. I think that if proper accommodations are made nobody will lose their models to the heat. I am truly looking forward to Phoenix; it will feel good to go to a Nationals again.

I went solo on Friday, and then returned Saturday. It was my distinct honor to return for the final day of the National Convention with Don Barry, and his Grandson Dane. It was Dane's first Guy's Road-Trip, and his first National Show. I could not have been more proud or pleased to pilot the Vessel for this momentous occasion!
h142e7ba.JPG

Raffle.
hc49164e.JPG

he5c67be.JPG

Registration. I didn't enter anything. As the eyes of Modeler's Alliance, and chief Jokester of The IMPS Plastic Surgeons, I felt it my duty to focus on my other responsibilititties! On to the Models!!
ha24753b.JPG

h1e12df1.JPG

A pair of remarkable 1/700 Japanese Tankers. Notice the big crane astern on the first one! Sogai!!
he37afc7.JPG

Mike Wheaton's crazy-cool Trumpeter 1/250 Junk. "Mike, I like your Junk!" Oops! Sometimes it's handy that my mouth is so big. Once in a while I put BOTH my feet in it! :facepalm

h94f1e2c.JPG

h716d80a.JPG

hea6363e.JPG

h1f8b6a9.JPG

USS Patoka, With USS Los Angeles moored at the mast. These models were entirely scratch-built from wood, mostly! :notworthy I am unsure of the scale. Truly a labor of love.
hbc25b67.JPG

A Junior Ship Modeler 1/350 USS Oliver Hazard Perry. A JUNIOR!!
h140d123.JPG

Craig Metzger came all the way from Florida. This is his Triathalon entry!! All beauties!
h27f6492.JPG

Doc Brown would be proud!
I sense something.......... A presence I've not felt since......... 2011! Perhaps Darin Roberts has been up to his Naval Aviation-ness again!!
h2143c30_2017-07-30.JPG

This you don't see everyday! I think one is an XA4-D1 Skyhawk. The other is John McCain's VA-46 Clansmen (calm down!) A-4E in 1/48 scale. See the Scottish Tartan squadron markings? 4-0!! Sierra Hotel!!

h77275a3.JPG

h60f02fd.JPG

Bi-Centennial Naval Aviation collection.
h7c63158.JPG

h074d105.JPG

h807126b.JPG

h24e2779.JPG

"Make a Model, Make a Joke!" Some of my Favorites!
h7eecf40.JPG

Region Five Meet & Greet will be held in the "Wingnut Room". Wingtip, Wingnut, Nut hatch? How very fitting For US!
he56490c.JPG

Aimee Wright, Plastic Surgeons 2017 IPMS Web-mistress of the year, receives her well deserved Award from the always amiable, shiny-new, Region V coordinator, Jim Coatney.
h10c5ed5.JPG

As a group, The IPMS Plastic Surgeons were also awarded 2017's IPMS Chapter of the Year. Joachim Lotz gleefully accepted the Award from Jim . Bravo to Joachim. He quit smoking, and has his anorexia under control as well! All in the same year!! All we did was have a really good time in 2017, picked cool Awards for our Show, and had a Great time doing handing them out to skilled Model makers. :idonno (y) :salute
We also met some of the IPMS M.O.S.S. membership. 2017 Regional Show In Branson, MO anybody?

I do not wish anyone to think this a complete report. In addition, I took pictures of some of the 3,000 models that caught my personal interest. NO effrontery is meant to other Model Making Men that don't see their labors pictured here! :tomato
hc2dc6eb.JPG

hb471c97.JPG

hb120f44.JPG

h86d76d9.JPG

Battle of Midway collection. I may be a little biased! HA!
h279c3a6.JPG

Midway. June 1942.
IJN Hiryu is about to get a pasting! Now where to run to, Baby, No place to hide.
hb8863ba.JPG

No escape for the Old Japanese Sub here!
he55bda8.JPG

ha58f1b9.JPG

H.G. Wells would be PROUD! Variations of Martian Themes! NEET-O!
hbad8b10.JPG

Does anyone but me wonder if Jimmy Stewart is at the controls of the B-47? Hmm.

Tell me a Story, Onkel Erwin. Dioramas! Yippeee!!
h30cfaec.JPG

h45d8406.JPG

h8ea3e1e.JPG

h49b2b13.JPG

"No TICKET!"
h8fae0bb.JPG

Germany-based F-4G Phantom II. I just liked the camo scheme. I can't say if the correct Green was used.
h3147db7.JPG

All the baby Liberators hope to grow up to be Privateers! Koster Aero PB4Y-2 conversion and Monogram's 1/48 B-24J in collusion. I thought I took more pictures of her, but alas, I was remiss. This model was amazing!
hc3b0718.JPG

The Gardener's Kid?
hec16ec0.JPG

I checked, but I didn't see where the Modeler added the appropriate N-number to the Obama era Air Force One
h997e09b.JPG

When you take your on-line Lots Of Models coupon to their tables, these are the Gifts I received. Thanks Mike! Thanks Izzet!! You Rock!!
hca54d18.JPG

Sprue Brothers had a nice gift too! Thanks Gordon!! Now, where did I ever put that CH-46 Kit? :idonno :hmmm :smack
This is the end of the posting for Friday, 28 July 2017's Convention adventure! I got skunked in the Raffle today.
Into each Life, some rain must fall. Whaddyagonna do?

COME BACK on Saturday! :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

Saturday. 29 July, 2017. 0800 hrs. Dane's first Model-Mayhem-Guy's-Road-trip begins!! God bless his Heart!
h69a5a0f.JPG

I wanted to make this Mission as memorable as possible. Side Trip! The scenic look-out on I-680, just before you drop into the Missouri River valley should not be left out.
h090586d.JPG

Grampa Don ain't quite spry enough to climb the tower.
ha775321.JPG

Grampa Don did find hisself an Indian Sex Stone to relieve himself on. Never mind the patch of Hemp plants growing at the top of the frame!!
h628bb7b.JPG

Due to my pitcher-snapper's limitations, you can't really make out the Omaha sky-line in the background. It is visible from the 6-story tower. It is a lot of fun to urinate from the top of this structure, but not in front of the Kids!!
h79d2717.JPG

We Few. We happy Few. We band of Brothers.
h9149e80.JPG

Dane went looking for a cell-phone signal. Ain't none roun' heyer on The Bluffs, Bwah! Mind that Puddle!!

Then On to the Convention!! Charge!!!

h2b461b4_2017-07-30.JPG

Lookit all the waars! Dang!
hf75fc5a.JPG

Me & Manfred. We'd be Freunde
hd06b517.JPG

h7c9fdd9.JPG

I'm not usually fond of yellow. This Fokker was pristine!!
ha0f8c56.JPG

I like an old DH.2. If you crack this Ship up, you're the first one to the Ground!
hdeda4c8.JPG

h8c0d73e.JPG

h3fb0c26.JPG

I like Jugs too!
hf66704d.JPG

This little Ryan was very fine!
hfe8f99d.JPG

h0934371.JPG

hb02e48b.JPG

So many excellent Models!!

Back