• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ammo of Mig Glue

jknaus

Administrator
Okay this is a short and sweet mini review in case anyone has seen thius glue and want to try it.

extra-thin-cement.jpg

I got this as well as some other new products. It comes in a small round bottle which will need to be placed in something to prevent it being knocked over. I like the Tamiya glue for the square bottle which is harder to knock over.
It has a fine brush for getting into tight places or small parts. Very nice. The brush is longer than the Tamiya brush.
I have tried gluing 2 parts together on both a Takom kit and a Trumpeter kit. Jury is still out on its sticking power. Either it dries super fast like the neon green Tamiya or I was not using enough.
Very strong smell. I really don't want to try any more. Makes me think of my wife's nail polish remover.
So in my personal opinion I will stick with Tamiya Green Cap and turf this bottle.
Of course someone else may find this to be the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately not me.
After I do the new Nuts and Bolts review I'll do one on the new Ammo of Mig book called Panzer DNA.

panzer-dna-english.jpg

Not thrilled with it either and I got James to thumb through and get his thoughts. I'll let you know soon.
JAmes

Thanks for the heads up James. Are you applying it and then joining or are you dry fitting then trying to wick the glue in?

Let me get this straight, it's stinky and easy to knock over. Hmmmm, pass! Thanks for saving me on this one, James. :good:

Both Bob. I should be fair and give it more of a tryout, but the smell just puts me off.
James

:good: thanks for the review James. I always use the Humbrol version which has a wide bottle and low centre of gravity but the brush never stays attached to the lid properly and falls out when using.

Thanks for the review James. Like many of us, I'm trying to keep the chemically smell out of my hobby space, as much as I can. I think I'll stick with my Tamiya as well.

:drinks

Back