• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS Alexander Lippisch FleaCon 13 2017

Rhino

Super Moderator
My first foray to IPMS Alexander Lippisch Club's new Monticello Iowa venue. We had the easy drive, as we stayed with our dear friends Dave & Suzy in Cedar Rapids, Friday night, :drinks :rotf voluminous breakfast and left for the easy
34-mile ride to the Show. :yipee
It was also my Sweetheart's first exposure to the hospitality of the Fartin' Fleas, and her first model show. She exhibits much courage in the face of large-sized Children! :good: :ro:
ON to the Pictures!! Again, I wish not to make anyone believe this is a complete Show Report, more like a chronicle of what catches Rhino's interest.
IMG_6708.JPG

Lawrence. Lawrence of Arabia. He's an English Guy. He came to fight the Turkish.............
IMG_6709.JPG

IMG_6710.JPG

Jonathan Wilke's 1/700 Russian Mine warfare vessel.
IMG_6711.JPG

Scrath-built interplanetary freighter. Somebody likes the same kind of coffee we do!

IMG_6712.JPG

I've a great fondness for the old Revell Sopwith Camel, in spite of the very heavy droopy upper wing!
IMG_6713.JPG

Kent Meyer's 1/72 Goblin. Neet-o!!
IMG_6714.JPG

That's The AIRFIX 1/72 A-7A Corsair II! Very nice Daniel!! :notworthy
IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

IMG_6731.JPG

My continuing interest in the Deutches Afrika Korps.
IMG_6717.JPG

I've never seen this Bruiser from Britain before! :good:
IMG_6718.JPG

IMG_6719.JPG

1/35 scale Armor.

IMG_6720.JPG

Nurse Deb Dachtel begins to harvest the FleaCon Raffle! I left my own model entries and her new nametag at the House. :smack The good Kodak camera battery pooped out. :facepalm I pressed my weary Powershot 2300 into service. The picture quality suffered some. :bat My apologies!
IMG_6721.JPG

Our own Ross Petra's micro-Panzer I.F :ro:
IMG_6722.JPG

IMG_6723.JPG

Ashton Paxton, of Davenport, IA's Major's Plastic Surgeons (non-IPMS) Club makes a fine Armor vignette.
IMG_6725.JPG

You don't see an Isetta built everyday!
IMG_6726.JPG

Shiny Cars! I like shiny cars!
IMG_6727.JPG

Tim Rudd's handyworks! :salute
IMG_6728.JPG

Steve Allen "The Iowa Brit" shows his skillset. Steve actually live in Monticello. :good: :salute

IMG_6729.JPG

Don Barry's 1/35 Wehrmacht "Bridge to no where" Dio. Take that Sara Palin!! No one is curious about your underpants anymore!
IMG_6730.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

There were many dioramas to view. All of them were well executed. Nurse Debra confesses a fondness for the stories dioramas tell.
IMG_6733_28229.JPG

IMG_6733.JPG

I believe these models on display come from ol' Tom Boyle's works. Gone, but never forgotten. :salute God rest you, Tom!
IMG_6734.JPG

Prithee, How does One judge this?
100_2990.JPG

Or This?? :facepalm :bang head :rotf

IMG_6735.JPG

Shiny cars on display. Jet-powered Lil' Red Wagon conversion! COOOOOOOL!! :pilot
IMG_6736.JPG

Paper Models. I don't rightly know what it is, but is shure is PURTY! (y) :eek:ldguy :pilot
20170422_192457.jpg

20170422_192534.jpg

IMG_6737.JPG

20170422_134615.jpg

Plastic Surgeons Kevin Nelson and Chris Rhiner took a break in the warm Monticello springtime sunshine, to Play Airplanes. Thanks to Hobbytown, Cedar Rapids (Where Box kar Hobbies used to be) for our free Jet-Fire gliders to wring out!! Our informal flight test profiles were deemed a success by on-lookers! :rotf :gogo :idonno
IMG_6738.JPG

I did pretty well in the FleaCon 13 Raffle. Deb & I enjoyed the customary hospitality fo the Fartin' Fleas! They were their usual jolly model group, and most welcoming. If I have a regret, it is that we didn't stay for Awards. Having kept my Beloved up late the night before, and brought Her to her first show(Her performance was exemplary!!) I left our departure time up to Her. We were ready for our car-ride home. Unload, Pajamas..............
IMG_6740.JPG

DINNER!!! :yipee
Thanks to IPMS Alexander Lippisch for a fine time, and for a well run, roomy, relaxed Model Show!!

Planning, preparation and execution. :coolio

Seems a fine time was had. :drinks

Back