• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS Central SC 2017 Show, 10 June - ALL Subjects!

SdAufKla

AMPS Central SC would like to extend an invitation to come and join us for our 2017 model contest and exhibition.

This year our show will be held on Saturday, 10 June, at a new (for us) venue, the SC National Guard Armory, 1225 Bluff Road, Columbia, SC. This is a fantastic location for a scale model show. Not only do we have lots of room and great lighting, but the armory is co-located with the SC State Military Museum.

The museum is one of the best small military museums that I've ever visited, and over the last two years, they have expanded their display footprint by over 100%. Entry to the museum is free (although donations are gladly accepted) and just a walk across the parking lot from the contest venue.

Please check out the museum's website: SC Military Museum

This year we're expanding our contest format with the addition of "The Flight Deck Open Plastic Scale Model Contest," hosted by a group of "unaffiliated" scale modelers in our area. This parallel show will be open to all non-AMPS qualifying entries, i.e. aircraft, civil autos, ships, etc.

So, for 2017, we'll have a place for all plastic scale modeling genres and subjects. If you're a model builder who builds things other than just armor, or even if you're a modeler whose eyes glaze over when looking at tanks, there will be room at our show for all of your work.

We're getting the word out to potential vendors about this expanded show format, and we're also getting in non-armor items for our raffle. This will be a model show and contest that EVERYONE can enjoy!

For details, entry forms, and other info, please visit our local AMPS chapter's website:AMPS Central SC "Wildcats"

h69eb01f.jpg

h03ac3de.jpg

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us through our club email link on our website.

Happy modeling and hope to see you in June!

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC "Wildcats"

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on this show and a "sneak peek" at this year's special awards.

We finally got in our special awards for 2017. These are all laser engraved for both the AMPS show and our companion Flight Deck Open Show.

On the AMPS side, in addition to the Judges' BoS and 2017 Theme awards shown here, we also have all of the usual AMPS "best of" awards - Best German, Best US, Best Commonwealth, etc. These are all also laser engraved acrylic in the style shown here. We'll also be presenting awards for the Best Junior, Best Basic, and Best Intermediate skill level entries, with the Judges' BoS being awarded to the best advanced skill level entry. Of course, we'll also be presenting our custom G-S-B "Wildcat" medals to the AMPS entrants who earn them.

h5fa55f1.jpg

he975eb2.jpg

hdf4c913.jpg

h9a0ebfa.jpg

For our companion show, the Flight Deck Open Scale Model Show, we have commissioned these special awards.

Personally, I really like these King Kong "crushing a biplane" motif awards. It's quite possible that these might only ever be a one-year only award, though, so if you want to add one of these very cool "Kong Awards" to your collection, you really have to get to this year's show!

h97937fa.jpg

h56b6ec4.jpg

h83f23ff.jpg

Finally, we have recently confirmed that we will have a military living history group, Time Lines Impressions, participating at this year's show. These folks will be presenting 1:1 scale displays of uniforms, weapons, equipment and artifacts. This should be an excellent addition to the adjacent SC State Military Museum, so our show patrons and attendees should have plenty to do and see throughout the day.

Hope to see some of you there, Saturday, 10 June, 9 am - 5 pm, SC National Guard Armory, 1225 Bluff Road, Columbia, SC (very near Williams-Brice stadium).

Happy modeling!

Still smokin' over what i'm bringing but bringing it we'll be doing. Looking forward to seeing you and the gang Mike. (y)

Come on Dave, you can make it in time. :ro:

Had a great time at the show and with our friends. Bruce, Chris, Mike, Roger and the lurker who was lurking behind the judging curtain.

I was shocked, got two gold and silver. :blink :blink Mike did well also.

Thanks to all who made it happen! :drinks :drinks

BTW, if you're in Columbia I highly recommend checking out the South Carolina Military Museum.
https://www.scmilitarymuseum.net/
Great group of guys working there. Ready to share the stories they are collecting.

Really appreciated you guys coming down and participating in the show! Some great work and well-earned rewards by the Modelers' Alliance crew!

Mike Roof

Really appreciated you guys coming down and participating in the show! Some great work and well-earned rewards by the Modelers' Alliance crew!

Mike Roof

Thanks Mike . You guys definitely put on a first class show .

Congratulations to all that participated . A lot of very nice entries .

And a special congratulations to the award recipients .

I hope there was enough interest this year to warrant a repeat of the other classes next year .

Cheers , Christian B)

OK, so went to the AMPS show in Columbia yesterday, actually a very nice show! Here are some pic's of "Da' Crew"
I think we all know who this is, giving an impromtu lesson at that:

h1fbc7d8.JPG

h7b340a6.JPG

h29e008a.JPG

and lastly is my own rough-lookin' mug:

hcfdd752.JPG

it wa a great time....will have to do it again!

Thought we were going to have to pull out the tarp and strap that stuff down in the bed of the pickup. I kept seeing Bruce with an armload of stuff.

Back