• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Atlanta AMPS and Figure show 2017

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Chris and I hit the show this year with out deviation from our SOP, meet at the exit, cruise to Hotlanta, cuss the traffic and get rained on getting in side the hotel.

It was a packed vendor room but left me with more questions than goods. I picked up some Red Oxide help so I guess I need to do some more German take interiors to make use of this stuff. Also got some crates to finish off the Yuengling Model T.

But the surprise of the show was when we saw the Iron Horse Cossack at the end of the table. Hey, that's Alex DeLeon's work!

Sure nuff, found him wandering the hall and introduced myself to him. Had a nice conversation with him and learned a trick or 3 in the short time we had him.

No pictures it didn't happen...

ha18bfe6.jpg

And don't worry Alex, we're looking into getting a new round of bowling shirts made and you'll be a the top of the list. :good:

I didn't get any pictures of the show, as Chris said, a bit skimpy this year. But a good time was had by all. Thanks Guys! :good:

We had a load of laughs, needled the hound out of each other and managed to find some bargains. I'd become a hermit if I lived in Atlanta, their traffic SUCKS!

Good time was had overall.

:drinks

Very cool.

Sorry to hear the entries were down, but glad you guys got together.

Entries and Vendors.

Tell me something, in the figure genre. Is collecting prepainted figures "a thing"?

Its propably 99,9% of it Bob Very few guys out there that model and do figures mostly I look at Bandai and all theyr large size kits are prepainted ones and they sell millions of them in every conceivable genre.

If I want to do any of the star wars kits japanese folklore kits they are all Prepainted from the Samurai Darth Vader to the ninja Boba Fet

Then there is all the figures you get from games to movies musicians and the thousands of Japanese anime tv series and movies figures.

Old tv series like He-man figures also are a great seller and Barbie's get collected even by Johnie Depp.

Nope, no Eduard booth. No corporate vendors at at all, just small businesses and individuals. Actually, I was looking for a PE set that Eduard makes (yeah, I know, but they are the only one making what I need). :rotf

I'll post a review of some product I bought there, sometime in the next coupla days. Stay tuned. B)

I have to add that the show was in fact skimpy this year. However getting to see Alex's work in person was quite the treat (y)

And I saved a lot of money !

Cheers, Christian B)

Back