• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings

Rhino

Super Moderator
I'll begin the New Year with pictures/report from the LAST Plastic Surgeons Meeting of 2016.
IMG_6650.JPG

IMG_6651.JPG

Membership in attendance. Standing room only! I won't try to name everyone. You know who you are! We Few. We Happy Few!
IMG_6647.JPG

IMG_6657.JPG

Dane, Brummbar's Grandson, shows the benefit of his Grandpa's tutelage, with a vinyl figure of The Kathoga, from the movie "The Relic". If you haven't seen the film, rent one, and hang on to your Hat! It's riveting!
A very fine replica, for Dane's third model. :notworthy :ro:
IMG_6648.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

Ross and Brummbar. Roscoe's working on a 8-tonner flakabwehr Half Track. Brummbar is focused on casting US and Wehrmacht accessories with fast curing dental resin, for Ross and Nate McCoy's builds.

IMG_6656.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG

Nate McCoy with the subjects for his M8 Grayhound Diorama & Ron Huntimer with progress on his Lindberg Union Artillery set.
IMG_6653.JPG

I've noticed the Yankee LT leading the Caisson & cannon looks a little like the distinguished Mr. Huntimer his own self. Coincidence? :idonno
IMG_6655.JPG

Francisco's 1/32 FW-190A-8 and a 1/48 scale HE-162 Salamander. Both are little works of art! His FW Driver is especially well done.
IMG_6659.JPG

Ronnie Schultz and his Grandson. Ron truly enjoys his crazy car models! They ARE Cool!!
IMG_6652.JPG

CCW: Rod Shackleford's 1/48 Revell of Germany's GR.4 Tornado, Nate Stevens Academy/Hasegawa 1/72 P-47 Thunderbolt production line. Nate starts each build by choosing the decals he wants to use. :good: Ty Stevens M-41 Tamiya 1/35 Walker Bulldog. One of my favorite Tank models!
Joe's 1/35 Modern SP Guns. One them is a Dana, and the other may be a G6 Rhino !?! :smack. Joe also filled us in on his tracks painting Techniques. Always a Treat! :salute
That's all for now from the soggy Prairie!
Thanks for looking in!! :geek

26 January 2017 Meeting.
For my devoted readers: I must apologize for my spotty reports. Here on the wintery prairie at the end of my work day, all a wanna do is go to my snug, rustic home, be warm and torment my cats. :bat :rotf
In any case!
IMG_6665.JPG

IMG_6675.JPG

IMG_6677.JPG

First-time Surgeon meeting Visitor, Mike-Mike Hayden (?) brought his collection of Bolt Action World war II gaming soldiers, and vehicles. These are 1/53 scale if memory serves, and Mike-Mike has done a fine job of finishing them sans airbrush. :good:
They are detailed, intricate little models, and LOTS of them. For myself, I wonder about the addition of 1/53 scale for scale battlefield enthusiasts. :idonno Bolt Action gaming sets sound just a mite pricey, compared to other 1/48 or 1/35 scale offerings. :frantic
IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG

IMG_6671.JPG

Plastic Surgeon stalwarts look on with appropriate interest! :zen

IMG_6667.JPG

Joe got his 1/35 Czech Dana S/P gun finished, and started on a 1/35 Swedish "S Tank" (S is for SNEAKY!)
IMG_6676.JPG

IMG_6669.JPG

While convalescing from a Knee surgury, Mark ventured from is usual Car model, and is making a valiant job of Revell's (old Monogram) 1/48 F4U-4 Corsair, and in keeping with his Wheels-ness, Revell's 1/25 snap tite Ford Raptor Pick-up. Of note! The paint on the Raptor is ceramic Ford Blue 1,200 degree engine paint from a spray-bomb! It laid down very nicely!
IMG_6670.JPG

Nate Stevens holds forth on his 1/72 P-51D Mustang "Production Line". The Checker noses and their decals were of particular interest. Nate says "Don't fight your decal sheets. Use them on the Kit they were designed for, as there are subtle differences of nose profile from manufacturer to manufacturer." In anyone knows, Nate does! :pilot

IMG_6668.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

IMG_6674.JPG

Bob Malloy, who truly does more Plastic Surgery than many of us, :notworthy brings his Willy's CJ3-A Service station starter Jeep, and progress continues on his '53 Chevy Coupe. Bob actully drove a similar 1/1 scale Jeep in his youth on service calls Up North! :good:

IMG_6679.JPG

Kale & his Papa, look on with wonder!
IMG_6680.JPG

IMG_6682.JPG

IMG_6683.JPG

IMG_6684.JPG

The meticulous, very thorough, creative Ronnie Huntimer impressively corrected, modified, and finished his classic Lindberg 1/12 Yankee Artillery kit. Then, undaunted by the vagaries aged Plastic, delves into the 1/10 scale "Fighting Men" Vietnam Memorial statue kit. :notworthy (y) :drinks :good:
IMG_6678.JPG

Concern covers the face of The Rhino. After a rough & tumble career of ocean voyages, M/A posts, Dixie Flyer road trips, Ebay, and basic pitcher mischief, I fear the valiant and long serving Powershot camera, has snapped her final pitcher. More "Evolution" is nigh, for the old Rhino. New notebook, printer, and now, camera replacement. :facepalm

That's all for now! Thanks for having a look-see!!! :pilot :salute

You know, I'd have sworn "S" was for snarky. Hmmmm???? :eek:hyeah Thanks for posting, Chris!

Looks like even more great fun; keeping up the tradition in 2017! I also don't like the 1/56 scale for the gaming vehicles; as do many of my fellow modeling gamers. I have no idea why they couldn't leave well enough alone. Oh well, that being said; his Bolt Action stuff does look fantastically built and painted. All these guys have such awesome models on display. Thanks again for posting!

I was finally well enough to attend one of our Club meetings. Then by a happy coincidence, at the end of my work day I was only 10 miles away from home! :yipee Whistle to the Boar's Nest, load up the car. and take Papa's P-51B to the meeting for show & tell! With questionable weather closing in and the return of winter. I'd rather take my trusty Dixie Flyer than chance it driving my Work Truck. In any case, on to the Pictures!
100_2683.JPG

Chad. New Guy. Our Merry Band is on the Grow! Just a few more weeks until our Constest. We need all the help we can get! Psychologists are ALL welcome!
100_2692.JPG

Webb Groos. Doing his usual part for the betterment of the Group! :rotf
100_2680.JPG

Zach closely considers the propriety of the green on Joe's Meng 1/35 Panzerhaubitze 2000 (!?!)
100_2694.JPG

Having sagely made his evaluation, Zach returns to his Dad's "Armor of Iwo Jima" book. Maybe the Green will be better after the flat coat. :idonno
100_2681.JPG

I liked Joe's 1/35 Swedish S Tank. It is pure plastic pleasure. No Pee (photo-etch) at all.
100_2682.JPG

100_2691.JPG

Barry Rolow's gaming Neckroids? Nekdroids? Hemroids? The look really poky! (Don't sit on them!)

100_2685.JPG

100_2687.JPG

100_2688.JPG

100_2693.JPG

The only way to get Our Bunch to clam up, is to point a camera at them. Credit for these pictures goes mostly to my Beloved Debra. She gave me her snazzy Kodak digital SLR to play, after my long traveling little Canon bit the dust.
Thanks Baby! :love
100_2695.JPG

100_2696.JPG

From Academy's 1/35 Tiger I, Don will try to reproduce this picture. It looks to me like the Panzertruppen took their C/O's track apart, to keep other Tiger's in the fight. He'll be Sehr aufgeregt when he returns from Berlin!! :bat
"Da schitzt dem Hund im Feuerzeug!!"
100_2697.JPG

Kevin Itzler's 1/900 Hudson's, B-17E's and a little Itailian Ship! Well, 2 cute lil' Ships. 1/2400 scale 3D prints from Shapeways for table top gaming.
100_2686.JPG

Mike's Bolt Action game pieces. Talk about your close quarters combat! Pshwoo!
100_2684.JPG

100_2689.JPG

100_2690.JPG

Ronnie Huntimer is still at it! G (1/29) scale Rail Flatcar & Wagon, The "Three Fighting Men" Vietnam Memorial statue from Lindberg, and a 1/24 scale Hot-Rod Boat & Trailer model. Wowsers!
If you paint your Boat with yellow rustoleum plastic paint, and the finish crinckles, is that not Lemon-Peel? :hmmm

That's all the pictures for now! We had a fine time, despite the Willi-waw raging outside the Hobbytown store. It is my belief all Plastic Surgeons in attendance RTB'd without mishap. :good:
Thanks for looking in!! :eek:ldguy :pilot :skipper

Glad everyone had fun! We had near record highs last two days, just sayin'.... :D

:drinks

This is a first! I mostly post these pictures & commentary for our Members in Absentia. I'm tickled when other M/A members look in and comment!!
For the first time, ornery Lifetime Surgeon, British Dave Clarke has sent pictures of one of his projects. It is an honor to post them here for all to see. The figure is near 1/72 scale.
Lest_We_Forget_1.jpg

Lest_We_Forget_2.jpg

Lest_We_Forget_3.jpg

British Dave and his lovely Wife make their home in Colorado. While he serves in the US Army, :salute :soldier
Due to the demands of The Service, he is generally elsewhere, with other Madmen, jumping out of perfectly good aircraft. :smack :frantic
He is my good friend and a cunning warrior. He still makes time for a bit 'o exquisite model-making. :ro: :good: :dude :drinks

Back