• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Small Rivets Studio for the 48th scale U-Boote

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
John Geigle of Masterpiece Models just received some exquisitely done PE and brass pieces, even pre-soldered, from Small Rivets Studio for his 48th scale Type VIIC. I know a few have this kit in the stash so this is a way to detail it up with parts that aren't as fragile as plastic. Jeff? :)

Click image to visit the store... fantastic!

Regards,

I've been fighting the urge for it. Fortunately, MMD hasn't got their shipment yet so my decision keeps getting delayed and as I delay, I keep amassing more and more kits I won't get to.

Today's order was for the new 1/350 ST 50th anniversary Enterprise. :D

Besides, at 5 feet, I'll have a hard enough time maneuvering the damn thing in the lake, how the heck would I display it? My house is only about 6 feet long...

I've been fighting the urge for it. Fortunately, MMD hasn't got their shipment yet so my decision keeps getting delayed and as I delay, I keep amassing more and more kits I won't get to.

Today's order was for the new 1/350 ST 50th anniversary Enterprise. :D

Besides, at 5 feet, I'll have a hard enough time maneuvering the damn thing in the lake, how the heck would I display it? My house is only about 6 feet long...

Then you will have to build a garage for the TOS Enterprise there Jeff. I know how big it is as I have the 1/350 kits of the NX-01 and the movie refit Enterprise. Fitted one of the movie kits together (yeah I have 3) and it was definitely coffee table sized. The TOS one isn't much smaller.

I should be getting the Proteus from Mobius as soon as FreeTime gets them in stock. My local hobby shop has one of the 1/48 Trumpy subs sitting there and I am passing on it. TOO BIG (like that has stopped me before right? :blink

Paul, the Enterprise will be suspended from the ceiling with the green Defiant in the distance. :D

The pond where I run the RC stuff is only about the size of two football fields end to end, so with the turning radius of a Type VII and the logistics of transport and underwater hazards, although the 1/48 would make a beautiful model, I'll stick with the 1/72.

Maybe Trumpeter will sell me the conning tower sprues. Great dio possibilities with a Wildcat strafing.

I also built the 1/72nd Revell kit. The size os this in 1/48th scale is mind boggeling. Get out the belt sander. Gary

While that is indeed sublime, 1/48th scale for a U-Boot is INSANE! I have a 1/72nd scale one and that is too long to fit in my spray booth. It would take two years to paint and weather that sucker for me!

Back