• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

When Size Matters...

RichB

Sprue Brothers now has the HPH 1:48 kits of the XB-70 Valkyrie ($675) an Concorde ($675). The Il-28 Beagle ($215) kit was also a new arrival today but is now out of stock.

hph48039l.jpg

hph48038l.jpg

hph48019r.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

I remember seeing some test pic's of the Valkyrie on Facebook while they were still designing it, and that thing is going to be an absolute monster.

An IL28 is an excellent subject for 1:48, would take-up about the same area as a Canberra. Too many pennies for my budget, but who knows what's going to be under discussion at the 'product development' meetings over at Kinetic, or Hobbyboss or Trumpeter next year ??

Ian.

As much as I like big planes, I will be sticking to 1/32 and (mostly) props for the foreseeable future. The Valkyrie does sound interesting and would like to see it, but will be passing on it overall.

Oh and a little looking around and Victory Models has the Valkyrie for 549.99 (Unlike most of their stuff Sprue Bros is higher priced than HPH direct)
Victory Models Valkyrie

who knows what's going to be under discussion at the 'product development' meetings over at Kinetic, or Hobbyboss or Trumpeter next year ??

The people that sent them references in the hopes that their favorites are considered. The way it works is simple. If one has an interest in the subject, one should have the best references possible and even visit the subject to take photos and measurements. One sends the data to the companies (plural) you would like to see tackle the subject. You may get responses or they may surprise you! As you sent more than one subject, you have no idea which they are releasing nor does the other companies to whom the information was sent.

We have a walk around photograph set of the Concorde on Modelers' Alliance. Click the picture to go there:

Another mini one for the Beagle:

I don't think I shared my references from the Valkyrie as they are very old and on actual film. Scanning takes a while to do it right.

Regards,

Sorry, can't kick out that much money for a model. As much as I love the B70, just not going to happen.

What am I missing here?

Is it the size of the SST or are they resin or limited or something?

I'm all for paying for quality (heck I have a dozen 1/16 Tamiya RC tanks) and a 5 plus foot full interior U-boat is worth the $350 or so Trumpeter is asking, or the recent 1/32 25s and 17s, but what's with the Valkarie and Concorde?

Not dumping on it mind you, trying to understand, there's got to be a reason.

If they're garage kits, absolutely.

The large parts are resin coated fiberglass. This gives the high detail surface finish with virtually no warpage. HPH also makes them quite thin (about as thick as injection molded).
The rest of the parts are high detail resin. Landing gear have steel wire inside the part for strength.
My 1/32 PBY from HPH was about this expensive and well worth it.

Oh that Valkyrie..... B)

That thing is going to be mammouth. Too rich for my blood (or abilities), but I'm glad to see it nonetheless. Hope it does well. I'd like to do a 1/72 someday.

Wow, I still need to do a 1/72 scale Concorde and Valkyrie. Interesting.

Maybe I should start sending references to some of these companies of a 1/72 scale C-5A Galaxy and a C-141 Starlifter.

Meanwhile, I need to find two Concordes so I can make one British Airways and the other Air France.

Back