• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: MasterBox's Type 170V Tourenwagen

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
A simple kit with no photo-etch and a low parts count.

MB35100.JPG

MB35100Type170VSprueA1.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueA2.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueB1.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueB2.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueC1.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueC2.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueD1.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueD2.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueE.jpg

MB35100Type170VSprueTires.jpg

MB35100Type170VSpruexDecal.jpg

Regards,

No PE or resin?

True, no Photo-etched parts nor tiny polystyrene ones either! The truth is, I prefer the tiny stuff, but only if I wish to display it. The MiniArt kit of this car is more detailed and includes PE. The instructions even have templates to create brake lines from wire. Yet, the engine is so detailed that it is a shame to hide it under the hood.

Click to see inside the box.

Returning to this MasterBox kit, I am looking to see if I can replace the vinyl tires.

Regards,

I wonder what the price difference is between the two kis?

I'm one of those who REALLY dislikes PE stuff and even moreso if it's tiny psarts of PE. That's why I said I might get the Master Box kit.

Replacing the vinyle tires? A lot of people use a kit tire to make a mould and then castthe tires from resin. That way you don't have to worry about the vinyl tires splitting in the future.

Cheers

Back