• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: Zvezda's 35 scale T-35 Tank

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
A huge box with surprising few different sprue trees.
Zvezda3667a.JPG

Four trees of these are included.
ZvezdaT35prueA.jpg

ZvezdaT35prueB1.jpg

Above and below, two of these are included.
ZvezdaT35prueB2.jpg

ZvezdaT35prueC1.jpg

One of these are in the box.
ZvezdaT35prueC2.jpg

ZvezdaT35prueD1.jpg

Again, only one.
ZvezdaT35prueD2.jpg

Nice but simplified details on the hull. some work with bolts, screws, and welds are in order.
ZvezdaT35prueHull01_.jpg

ZvezdaT35prueHull02.jpg

ZvezdaT35prueHull03.jpg

ZvezdaT35prueHull04.jpg

Clear lenses, tow cable, and decals.
ZvezdaT35prueXtras.jpg

It will be a nice simple build. I already have replacement barrels for the weapons.

Regards,

The important thing is how do the parts fit together = good fit or terrible fit?

I'd like to get and build one just as a curiosity to show the thinking about tanks and their role in between the wars.

Cheers

The important thing is how do the parts fit together = good fit or terrible fit?

Well, this kit was bought to replace my ICM kit which was damaged. I will not be building it anytime soon. I have been building Zvezda's MiG-29 9-13 which is of the same production time. The Fulcrum is a pleasure, and with a bit more refined details than this tank.

Regards,

Well, this kit was bought to replace my ICM kit which was damaged.

It turns out I replaced the ICM kit with another and an Eduard PE set plus JS-Models resin mantlets with barrels, aluminum barrels (Jordi Rubio? CMK?) to replace the resin JS-Models barrels, and ICM 45mm ATGs to add breech detail and bolster the ammunition! Oh well, the goodies can be adapted to this kit. I haven't seen Hobby Boss' kit to know which is best.

The ICM kit does have a driver's seat and engine which I will place in the Zvezda kit. I will probably then get rid of the remainder of the ICM kit once I use its interior.

Regards,

Back