• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Spare Parts Service

RichB

Trumpeter has introduced a spare parts service on their web site that will let you purchase sprues from their line of kits (Trumpeter, Hobby Boss and Merit International). They are still building the database, so not all kits may turn up results. Search is based on the kit number.

Trumpeter

Cheers,
Rich

Nice.

In my experience:

DML will send you the part free, Italeri wants proof of purchase (box IPC code physically sent to them) and Tamiya USA price gouges sprues like crazy. Years ago I paid $50 for a 1/16 Tiger I cupola.

Oooh. I'll have to look into that to see if I can get the missing bits for the Vigi...assuming they don't turn up soon.

Edit: Just looked, and they do have limited parts available. About $9 shipped for the 2 pieces (tail cone & recce pod). Done deal. I'll be ordering tonight. :yipee

Update: Just received an email early this morning saying the order has processed and been shipped.

I took a stab at this too, ordered some extra floats for the Wildcatfish for a later conversion.

Will see how it works!

Forgot to update... The parts came in last week (Wednesday I think). Happy camper here.

Full speed ahead on the Vigi now.

4ynm2g.jpg

The parts I ordered just came today!
Very quick service and very well packaged!

Definite kudos for Trumpeter for setting up this service!

:)

Good to hear a happy story about customer service from a manufacturer :D

Once upon a time I remember writting a letter ( you guys might recall what that was... ) to Tamiya to inquire about replacement decals for one of their F 1 kits and the next thing I knew ihad a sheet without any moneychanging hands !

Probably sounds like a fairy tale now days.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back