• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Return of Classic Airframes kits?

RichB

The word over at Hyperscale is that Special Hobby has bought the tooling and production rights from Classic Airframes (not including the brand name).

Cheers,
Rich

I've never been able to finish one anyway so...:rotf

Nice to know, they had some really interesting subjects. Things you never seen anywhere else.

Well, they molded the kits so I guess they finally paid Jules Bringuier to keep them. I doubt the molds ever left Europe. It seems Jules abandoned the Classic Airframes trademark going by this legal sequence:
Prosecution History Events
Event Date Event Description
2006-09-06 Abandonment notice mailed - failure to respond
2006-09-06 Abandonment - failure to respond or late response
2005-12-14 Non-final action e-mailed
2005-12-14 Non-final action written
2005-12-11 Assigned to examiner
2005-05-24 New application entered in tram

Regards,

I think I already have all of the CA kits that I was ever interested in except for the ones that were in the development stage when Jules decided to fold the tent, the Do 17 E/F and M/P. I have know idea how far along those two were so maybe Special Hobby will finish them. If not maybe ICM will do them since they have already done the 17Z and the 215.

Back