• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden C-141B Starlifter in 1/144

RichB

Roden's new C-141B has hit the street. Price point seems to be in the $30-35 range. Markings are for a single aircraft, "Spirit of the Inland Empire", 452 AMW, March ARB.

HobbyTerra

Cheers,
Rich

There are reportedly at least two decal makers waiting to get their hands on a kit to check sizing before they start printing.

Cheers,
Rich

I've always loved the MAC grey and white scheme, images of them landing with the US Pows returning from Vietnam is burned into my mind.

Most interesting. Nice to see something like this. Maybe someday someone will bring one out in 1/72 scale. Hey, if they can do a 1/32 scale B-17, then this is small potatoes in 1/72 scale.

Most interesting. Nice to see something like this. Maybe someday someone will bring one out in 1/72 scale. Hey, if they can do a 1/32 scale B-17, then this is small potatoes in 1/72 scale.

That'd be a big bugger in 1/72! :woohoo:

That'd be a big bugger in 1/72! :woohoo:

Yes it would, but like I said, so is a 1/32 scale B-17. There is also a 1/72 scale C-5A Galaxy out in Resin which is so far out of my price range it ain't funny. If they can do a prohibitive heavy resin model, why can't they do the same for these large aircraft in injection molded 1/72 scale? Look at the interior detail they added to the C-54 just released. Imagine having the same kind of detail inside one of these monster cargo planes. Still, everyone wants to do another 1/32 scale Horten or Arrow instead.

Okay, mini-rant off, my flu meds are wearing off.... my apologies gentlemen.

Back