• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U995 type VII uboat at Laboe Germany

Piet

Me and my Brother visiting the only type VIIC/41 in the world ,if you ever in Kiel Germany a must see :drool .

h47e50f5.jpg

hc7fa2be.jpg

h582886e.jpg

h12fa05e.jpg

hd938b2a.jpg

h2210a75.jpg

hc2206ae.jpg

hfca95e7.jpg

h0e2fe40.jpg

hbf6d76e.jpg

h5099836.jpg

hb3d8ab5.jpg

h649fb66.jpg

he62d2b4.jpg

hf906aa5.jpg

hbf83620.jpg

haf975a8.jpg

h2cc0b01.jpg

h48b5237.jpg

h7be6352.jpg

h8df86a8.jpg

Man, I didn't realize that there was that much involved in operating a sub. I couldn't even imagine living in those cramped quarters for that long a time. It takes a special breed of person to be a submariner.
Where's the CD player at? :D

Tim

Great photos.

I've seen that one on the Nova episode and wondered how much they changed the hull with the restoration. The kits all have prominent riveting, but that one doesn't. I would accept it as the kit's being inaccurate, but with the torpedo tubes, ballast vents and some limber holes being covered with sheet metal, I don't know what to believe. It's obvious the Wintergarten is not original, but I'm not sure of the rest.

Great photos.

I've seen that one on the Nova episode and wondered how much they changed the hull with the restoration. The kits all have prominent riveting, but that one doesn't. I would accept it as the kit's being inaccurate, but with the torpedo tubes, ballast vents and some limber holes being covered with sheet metal, I don't know what to believe. It's obvious the Wintergarten is not original, but I'm not sure of the rest.

In Norwegian ownership U995 became the Norwegian submarine Kaura and in 1965 she was stricken from service,so i am sure they altered a lot of the detail .

Back