• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 If.5 Maschinengewehrwagen 36 Riich Models

reconron

Picked this one up at a show in Belgium recently,however I told my self before not to buy ANY kits.
Oh well,guess this kit softly called my name...and I'm weak as melting butter. :bang head :laugh:

Text from the instruction sheet says: The German army of the late 1930's was still heavily reliant on horse drawn transport,ranging from wooden or metal cargo wagons,to machine gun carriers.The machine gun wagon was first used in WW I mostly by the German and Russian armies,and in the German army it continued into WW II.he Maschinengewehrwagen 36,also known as the If.5,was the most widelyused.It was a 4-wheel wagon carrying a Zwillingsockel.36,mounting twin 7.92mm MG.34 machineguns in a rear "box"compartment.the spares and ammunition were stored in the forward section.The driver and his assistant were seated on top of the front stowage box.In normal use the if.5 was pulled by two horses,but four could be used in bad conditions.The If.5's were mostly used by second line Infantry divisions serving on the Russian front.

The set has 11 styrene sprues,2 Photo Etch sheets,4 hard vinyl tyres,thread 50cm long,chain 10cm long and the decal sheet with markings for the wagon and the included figures.

The paint profile shows wagons used in the USSR,1941.Poland,1939(both in Panzer-Grey) and one called Pre-war camo Wehrmacht 1938.

h6e18c84.JPG

h18c3219.JPG

haace282.JPG

Horse Shoes!:

h5abf4f1.JPG

I paid 48.99 Euro for this kit at the show.(bit high maybe,but...what a sweet kit)

Gr,Ron.

Love the horseshoes! Looking forward to watching this build. (y)

Proost!

:drinks

Being a veteran of the Budweiser Clydesdale kit, I like the idea of the PE leads. Horseshoes could come in handy for RnR diorama. :popcorn

Back