• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HK Models 1/32 Lancaster

RichB

The word over on Large Scale Modeller is that the modelling of the overall shape of the Lancaster is complete. For the Lanc they will be departing from the traditional engraved panel lines and will be depicting the prototypical overlapping panels and stressed skin effect. They are beginning the daunting task of researching which panels overlapped which and adding the exterior details to the model.

Cheers,
Rich

That would be interesting to see. I've always wanted to see a B52 with the stressed fuselage.

Thanks Rich.

Many moons ago (in the 80's) I went to a model contest and some guy had built a 1/32 scale B-52. If I remember correctly, it was a vac kit and he had it on a 6ft square table that was done up as an airfield. Was really nice and I believe it took all the major awards.

As to the Lancaster, (also if I remember correctly) it was a bit bigger than the B-17 so get busy building a coffee table if you are going to get one.

Back