• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bronco Models' New 1/48th Curtiss P-40C Hawk 81-A2

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Curtiss P-40C (Hawk 81-A2) Fighter AVG "Flying Tigers" for June release!

Kit 04006
MSRP - $49.99USD

In 1937 Curtiss put an Allison V-1710-19 liquid cooled engine into a p36 fighter. The plane was the military project code XP-40. The aircraft first flew successfully in October of the following year and reached a maximum speed of 587 km. In April 1939, the U.S. Army ordered the P-40A to start production and type B and C followed over the years. The P-40C (Hawk81 A-2) improved the self sealing fuel tank from type B, effectively improving the comprehensive protection of the fuel system. At the same time it also increased the Ground Weapons. Two weapons including a 12.7 mm machine gun and 4 wing was on a 7.62 mm gun. After the outbreak of World War II, the British government purchased a large number of military aircraft from the United States, including 930 P-40C, called the Tomahawk MK.IIB. The United States Army Air force was also equipped with 193 P-40C aircraft. In early 1941 the Chinese Air Force purchased 100 aircraft from the British production of the Tomahawk MK.IIB, and all equipped the American Volunteer Group, known as the "Flying Tigers".

l_BOM04006.jpg

l_BOM04006_MFU2.jpg

l_BOM04006_MFU1.jpg

Regards,

Wow !! - Must've missed the announcement for this one - Well if you live in a land where ther 'Information Super Highway' is more akin to a goat-track then that is bound to happen - anyway, how interesting to get a new 1:48 Hawk 81/P-40C, just ahead of Airfix releasing one aswell.

Have to say those decal options look fantastic, and looks like there's a British one hiding at the bottom of the sheet... Think this one is going to come down to price between the two... Love the P-40 (y) .

Thanks Saul.

Ian.

Very cool Saúl-- I've been wanting to try another Warhawk as I haven't built one in a long while....would love to do this scheme "Hold'n My Own" ;)

image~1.jpg

Very cool Saúl-- I've been wanting to try another Warhawk as I haven't built one in a long while....would love to do this scheme "Hold'n My Own" ;)

image~1.jpg

That is a P-40E and you'd do well with the Hasegawa kit (the AMT kit isn't bad wither but you need to deal with soft plastic and warping.

Regards,

(y)

Yeah I wasn't paying attention to the variant- just pointing out one of my favorite schemes ;)

Back