• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Russian Dacha Window and Gingerbread now available

JSteinman

Master at Arms
I have made a deal with Chris Benshoof to put the items he designed for my Russian dacha up for others to use. They are not inexpensive, but they can be recast to reduce your overall cost if you wish. These are the only 1/35 scale items like this available at the moment - believe me I looked at all the dollhouse web sites and aftermarket sellers and model railroad offerings.

The real deal:
NnGna1S.jpg

The 1/35 3D renderings:
OBNILZ9.png

uC0mect.png

cp7QcU3.png

There is more to come too, so check the shapeways shop in a few days.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/falconminiatures

Very cool. Lots of great stuff being created and Shapeways seems to be the go to place for 3d printing.
James

Yes I would say it sure is on the way to doing that. Still 3 windows and all the gingerbread for less than the cost of a top of the line kit. I mean really this house is going to take as much time and effort as a kit, so why not.

It's not that expensive considering what it is and there's no others out there.

Excellent stuff.

I really want to get into 3D printing, I'm just afraid it's a rabbit hole I'll never be able to crawl out of.

Yes I would say it sure is on the way to doing that. Still 3 windows and all the gingerbread for less than the cost of a top of the line kit. I mean really this house is going to take as much time and effort as a kit, so why not.

Well stay tuned, 3D printers are going to be so affordable one day soon that we'll have them in our houses printing out every day things. Yeah, almost like Star Trek replicators.

Back