• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2016 Region V Regional Show IPMS Fort Crook

Rhino

Super Moderator
An overview of The Region V 2016 Regional Contest. Not meant to be a "Report" so much. Just one ordinary Man's impressions.
IPMS Fort Crook held Region V's Regional Contest in one of my favorite places in the Mid-west. The Strategic Air Command Museum. The Fort Crook guys have carved out a reputation for putting on a Cadillac of show experiences, and the Regional show was no exception. On to the Model Pictures!
Juniors;
IMG_5156.JPG

Ships;
IMG_5157.JPG

Don Joy's signature blue base. Don is applying markings to his Carrier Aircraft. :v
IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

USS Wichita
IMG_5161.JPG

Some shiny thingies;
IMG_5162.JPG

Things that go "BOOM!"
IMG_5165.JPG

1/72 Armor (See?! it says so!)
IMG_5167.JPG

1/48 Armor
IMG_5168.JPG

Flying Thingies;
Duke Cunningham & Irish Driscoll's most skilled NVNAF opponent.
IMG_5169.JPG

IMG_5170.JPG

John Lanning's bonzer Operation Granby Tornado
IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

Kevin Itzeler's 1 place winning Texan air racer
IMG_5173.JPG

Lot of cool models Chris . The ice breaker is a really cool idea (y)

Thanks for posting . Cheers, Christian B)

Larger Flying Thingies, 1/48 scale
Francisco Melendez entered his first contest. The Lanc you see is his. He received Awards for his skill, attention to detail, and patience. It was fun to watch his face when he strode to receive his first Awards.
IMG_5175.JPG

1/72 Aircraft; (Except for Billy Cook's Gotha Bomber)
IMG_5177_281024x62429.jpg

Head on view of Bill Cook's most exquisite Gotha. I'm told he used 3,700 feet of rigging on Wing Nut's 1/32 scale kit. :notworthy
IMG_5179.JPG

1/48 Aircraft
IMG_5180.JPG

Vendors put in a stronger appearance at this year's contest then they had before. See Smilin' Frank/Blaine/whatever Miller plying the Fartin' Flea's wares :ro:
IMG_5181.JPG

Pete Gitzel came all the way from Milwaukee WI, for the Regional. :salute
IMG_5182.JPG

1/32 Aircraft; There were some Big Beauties!
IMG_5183.JPG

Whirly-birds, all scales;
IMG_5174.JPG

Fort Crook Judges, hard at work.
IMG_5176.JPG

Science Fiction Models always catch my eye. :idonno
IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

Ever play "Xevious"? Fed-Ex Sovalov carrier
IMG_5163.JPG

I cain't say wuht it is. I laaked dit!
IMG_5164.JPG

Fort Crook President, Don Joy reads the award winners. I mostly couldn't understand him, but I tried to clap at the appropriate times, and that seemed to work out.
IMG_5186.JPG

Figure;
IMG_5166.JPG

It seems as if more & more wives & sweethearts are coming to model shows. This is IPMS Alexander Lippisch' cheer squad in action :dance (y)
IMG_5188.JPG

With 268 models, I thought it seemed somewhat light in attendees (Shame on you other guys for staying home!) As usual the lighting wasn't that great in The SAC Museum, but it didn't detract from the fellowship and model fun that was enjoyed.
The raffle was plentiful. Awards were classy Plaques, Big ones for the "Best Of's".
As a Club, The IPMS Plastic Surgeons did well at this Regional. I was very proud of my Men! :drinks :yipee :ro:

I won 7 cool, quality, raffle prizes! I got the most Ship I'd ever had. (Lindberg's 1/125 Greyhound of the Sea USN Destroyer Kit.) I let Mike Seek take it home. I hadn't given him any Ship in a long time. :captain

Thanks for tuning in! Next stop, Monticello IA, for FleaCon 12, 23 April. I expect to see all of you at Surgicon 22. on April 30th. OR ELSE!!!

Looks good Rhino! I would love to come, but I can't afford the commute. Let me know when you're in SoCal; if there's any shows going on within reasonable distance, I'd be thrilled to take you to them.

Back