• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Donation Drive for Updates

Dang guys, Just posted this and already have 3 donations hit! Y'all rock!
:notworthy :dude :ro: :good: :salute

BTW, I don't have a specific goal set because I just don't know what it's going to cost right now. Will know more when we do some testing next week.

Guys and girls, donations big or small all help towards the running of this site. Bob has done a great job of keeping it going and making a fun and friendly place to hang out. We don't ask very often nor point to the tip jar, but every once in a while it has to be rattled. Every penny helps so if that's all you have and you want to throw it in it does great. So don't worry about the amount, just be happy to know you have helped to make this a great place to talk models. We appreciate it all.
James

Just a dumb question, with the migration to a new gallery, we gone lost all the links from the actual gallery? :hmmm

The images will stay in place Art, none of them will move so they will still work on the forums. At this time I can't really answer any more because I don't know. Will know more after testing this weekend.

Sorry it was not more, you caught me betweenst paydays, more shekels and rubles to follow

Just to keep everyone in the loop of what's going on. I've been swamped at work, more duties have been laid on me and I have some massive training coming my way that I'll really have to focus on. What we want to do is setup the new website like it's brand new and give it a test spin before spending the money to migrate all the content. That way we'll know it's something we want to go into before investing in actually migrating and realizing it might not be what we wanted.

Thanks again for all the donations, it's one less thing to worry about during this migration process. :notworthy

Well, I can't afford to, but I sent in a small something anyway. Hopefully I get some calls soon for work.

Until then, stay tuned for more updates from Maddog Manufacturing....

Don't feel obligated to send Mark, the tip jar is pretty fat right now. We're actually doing some preliminary testing but things will not change for a bit yet. I suspect maybe mid summer before we are full on the migration.

Dear Mr. Puppy,
I take keyboard under fingers, to inquire as to the progress, is it -uh- progressing?

I hope with all your other real world commitments, you are still safe and sane :zen . While also to be able to keep your eagle eye cocked on the :geek pesky little programmer minions, as they try to work their arcane magiks to upgrade out beloved site.

Remember We, the teeming throngs of member ships, sail the tempest tossed waves of 1s & 0s and are behind you as you sally forth :fencing ... Well somthin' like that :salute

p.s. Seriously: Thank You for all you really do here.

Right now Steve we have a test website setup with the new system installed, just haven't had time to do that testing yet. Once we have something to show we'll show it. I think I said earlier it will be mid summer before we're ready to migrate, with any luck. :zen

Back