• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: Yahu's Replacement Instrument Panels

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
In my stash, I have an Aeroplast Mi-2 thanks to Hubert. The YMA series are also known as JustStick since they are direct replacements.
YMA4808YMA4833YMA4835.JPG

This is the insert. On the right side, the red outline demonstrates that the instrument panel is designed to match Aeroplast's.
YMA4835a.JPG

Close up of the panel, the colors are vibrant, clear, and the instruments are glossy.
YMA4835b.JPG

Here, I tried comparing them to the kit instrument panel (which doesn't photograph too well):
YMA4835c.JPG

I also compared it to PART's PE replacement which needs assembly but also offers some options in instrumentation.
YMA4835d.JPG

To show the incredible detail, let's take a closer look at the MiG-15 panel.
YMA7279YMA7298.JPG

Here, one sees how the panel compares to various kit panels. Obviously, this is a match for Eduard's kit (sadly, I only have Dragon's).
YMA4835YMA7298a.JPG

I have placed my #11 scalpel on the left edge. Note the vertical white line painted on Russian panels to help the pilot orient themselves.
YMA4835YMA7298b.JPG

Size comparison to my Xuron shears.
YMA4835YMA7298c.JPG

The YML series are more involved and may include additional PE (as with the MiG-21PFM set) or masks:
YML7204YML3501.JPG

The contents of the set. This is designed for the IBG kit but I only have the Mirror Models C15TA.
YML3501a.JPG

Close up of the panel.
YML3501b.JPG

Instructions.
YML3501c.jpg

Regards,

Those look fantastic. So they alert you to the model they work with or is it a trial and error thing?
JAmes

By looking at the instructions (through the clear bag), one knows if it fits or some mods are needed.

Only problem is when one of the kits is left out of the comparison (like the Dragon MiG-15 I have):
YMA4835YMA7298a.JPG

Here, I know I need to trim some items off the Airfix fuselage to allow the continuous arch while the Kopro kits needs stepping on it and tossing it in the garbage can.

Regards,

Nice looking panels, I wish they made them for helicopters!
Us whirly-thingy guys always get left out for the cool details. :(

Tim

Thanks for the Review Saul ... Very Nice ... already added Company to my list of possible for after market .... (y)

Remind me who was making the generic bezels and other IP stuff. I would like to, one day, build that 1:24 Huey with an up detailed IP than that flat decal they supply.

Those things look amazing! :woohoo:

Gonna have to go see if they do anything relevant to my interests now. :laugh:

Back