• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: Trumpeter's 35 Scale Scud Crew

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Trumpeter have done themselves a disservice by labeling this a crew set when it is actually a crew and detail set for their previously release Scud missile on MAZ launcher. Let's look inside:
Trumpeter00434Box1.JPG

You can see that there are several sprue trees, decals, and photo-etch set.
Trumpeter00434Box2.JPG

The first sprue tree is for the AK-47 weapons. I personally don't find them as nice as the sets Trumpeter sells separately (World Guns and World Pistols series) not to mention that many operators use different variants so I am fortunate that I still have a few boxes of the AK-47 family from Dragon's QuarterMaster series.
https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10065
/Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSprueAfront.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSprueArear.JPG

Close up views.
Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSprueA2.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSprueA3.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueA2.JPG

Decals for the optional war heads included in this set to convert the missile.
Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueDecals.JPG

While not mentioned, 200cm (78.75 inches) of vinyl tubing is included to replicate the hoses.
Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueHose.JPG

PE set although I wonder why the panels are needed? Could they be correcting the size? The rest of the parts are for hose clamps, fly wheels, and chains. I will replace the chains. Instructions for the hoses are completely lacking. I will provide a scheme later.
Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpuePE.JPG

Alternate war heads are included with the 9N33 on the left and the 8F14 warhead on the right. The other parts are hose connectors.
Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueW.JPG

The figures.
Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueX1.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueX2.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueY.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueY2.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueYa.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueyb.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueyc.JPG

These are tarp covers for the vents and are in a flexible plastic.

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueZ1.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueZ2.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSpueZ3.JPG

Trumpeter00434ScudCrewSprueZ4.JPG

Hopefully, this helps explain the nearly $50USD retail price. Most of the parts could have been included in the base kit (#01019) but at least they are available now.

Regards,

Very nice review Saul ... Thanks for the info ... lots of clean-up on those figs ... get the scrapper out ... :woohoo: (y)

Back