• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS SWAMP 2016 show

Gator

Saturday was our 30th annual contest and we had record numbers with 89 modelers entering 472 models. By comparison, last year we had 53 contestants with 281 models.

CALMEX 30

Great turn out! (y)

And on TV too boot!

Did a fine job Kenny but what's this business about finishing something at the end of the day? :idonno

:frantic

Hmmm , interesting, that's 5.3 models per attendant.

I would have thought more builders and less entries per . :hmmm

Anyhow, sounds good over all.

Cheers, Christian B)

Great turn out! (y)

And on TV too boot!

Did a fine job Kenny but what's this business about finishing something at the end of the day? :idonno

:frantic
Bob, KPLC TV does a news story on the show every year. And I did finish a model in a day, when I was a kid. :D

Hmmm , interesting, that's 5.3 models per attendant.

I would have thought more builders and less entries per . :hmmm

Anyhow, sounds good over all.

Cheers, Christian B)
Christian, we always have more models than modelers. One gentleman from Houston usually brings around 25-30 with him. Our entry fee for adults is $10 for the first model, $1 for each additional model; Juniors (13-18yrs) $5.00 unlimited entries, Preteens - Free. Our biggest expense is renting the tables, usually 65-70. Our venue is free because we donate to Children's Miracle Network. The facility is owned by the local public recreation district. Second biggest expense is awards.

Nice job on that Kenny, got the right people in the right places doing the right things. I don't think I've ever seen TV coverage at a show I've been to.

Wow Kenny Nice turn out ... I'm sure an old forum friend of mine was there, Warren something does a lot of SR-71's and the like, I would like to start something like this in my neck of the woods. any pointer's one How to get started would be appreciated. Money maybe the biggest trouble, but I would be doing a charity as a sponsor also ... I guess this is IPMS, so I would start there I recon ... Oh and great Movie clip, you did real good. :salute :woohoo: :drinks

Back