• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More Airfix for 2016

ij001

Mornin' all

Just received the Airfix 'pre-order list' announcement for their entire 2016 programme. Most of them we knew about from previous announcements, but here they are all in one place: Clicky clicky.

Personally I'll be ordering the 1:48 Defiant in the hope that someone will release decal and upgrades for an ASR machine (if that hasn't been already done), also be ordering the Meteor F8, I already have an Xtradecal sheet left-over from the old Classic Airframes kit.

Looks like a another good year for Airfix, although I am surprised that there's no 1:72 Blenheim IV bomber been announced... :hmmm

Ian.

Looking forward to a few of those kits but mostly the USAAF bomber supply kit! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Oh my! Look at the B17G, can't tell if it has a Cheyenne tail or the older one.
They really have some nice looking things coming out. :popcorn

It will have the later Cheyenne turret, or at least that's what Airfix promised a few months back when it was announced.

Ian.

Well I guess I had better get in touch with Hornby America and find out where my catalog is, gonna have to get some of those kits, specially the Bomber supply I have some 1/72's that will look good with, Thanks for sharing Ian. although I do wish they would bring more US aircraft to the table. :( :eek:hmy: :woohoo: (y) :pilot

It seems that they're really keeping to their promise of updating the 'old classics' alongside the all new stuff. That in mind, if they were going to look at re-vamped old American machines, then the Grumman Duck, B-29, B-26 F-84F and P-61 immediately spring to mind.

Just my ideas... :hmmm

Ian.

Don't know if anybody here is as excited as I am about this, but Airfix have just announced that their all new 1:48 Meteor F.8 is available for Pre-Order, no sign yet of the P-40B/C, but the Meat-Box artwork looks very good, wouldn't you say ??

Ian.

Don't know if anybody here is as excited as I am about this, but Airfix have just announced that their all new 1:48 Meteor F.8 is available for Pre-Order, no sign yet of the P-40B/C, but the Meat-Box artwork looks very good, wouldn't you say ??

Ian.

It's here !!

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-arrivals/gloster-meteor-f8-1-48.html

:yipee :yipee :yipee
Ian.

They've got a release date out for the Victor B.2.....

Airfix Handley Page Victor B.2 1/72

Unfortunately it's not until the end of the year. Since they are calling December now, I'm just going to go ahead and say this one won't see the light of day until next year. :(

I was really looking forward to getting my hands on this and AMK's new 1/48 F-14 this year.

Whilst not 'new', you need to remember that Airfix still do the best 1:48 Merlin, and both current spec' Navy & Army Lynx's - the only company doing these latest types in 1:48. And the grapevines that I've been hearing are suggesting a (possible) Puma/Cougar family...

...of course I know that could be nothing more than wishful thinking however who here would have thought we'd be getting a 1:48 Defiant, a 1:72 Swift and, and, and...

Whilst we're talking about Airfix, I'll be ordering my Meteor F.8 this week, and once again, I'm more than happy to do an 'in box' Photo Review when it arrives.

Ian.

Back