• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix Armstrong Whitworth Whitley MK.V

My good friend, Andy, built one of the review shots for Model Aircraft Monthly (I think), reckoned it was virtually fault free and (his words) a 'joy' to put together.

He's an exceptional modeller and a very 'balanced' reviewer so I'll take him at his word. Not a machine that I could ever get excited about but will be very interesting to see how many actually get built in the coming months.

Ian.

I know there is one being pieced back together in the UK but I'm nor sure there is one together or not.

Certainly a face that only a mother is likely to love but an interesting plane anyhow .

At the time it had the greatest bomb load capacity of RAF birds and also the capability to fly the long distance missions.

Cheers, Christian B)

My good friend, Andy, built one of the review shots for Model Aircraft Monthly (I think), reckoned it was virtually fault free and (his words) a 'joy' to put together.

He's an exceptional modeller and a very 'balanced' reviewer so I'll take him at his word. Not a machine that I could ever get excited about but will be very interesting to see how many actually get built in the coming months.

Ian.

:idonno Oh well, we all have our peculiarities .

I for one find it a good addition to a WW II collection and a well designed kit, aside of short comings mentioned above.

I really feel Airfix has stepped up the quality of their kits weather it's a huge seller or not.

Cheers, Christian

Very nice kit ... Never built an Airfix kit ... Maybe time to give it a try ... Thanks Chris ... :pilot

Way better than what they made in the 50's and still have in store these days . The price is still reasonable for something of this quality which makes it even more alluring for me .

Examine what's in the box before you purchase it . They are selling their brand new HE 111 right along the old ones and the they are not the same quality at all.

Cheers, Christian B)

I kept waiting for this to show up in the new arrivals at Sprue Brothers but they never listed it, just by chance I search Whitley and they showed it in stock at $27, I got the after market goodies and some items I needed for other projects and rang up enough to get half price shipping. Got it yesterday (ordered Tuesday, gotta love the Brothers Sprue) kit looks great as Christian stated. I just wish these newer kits came in smaller boxes, they take up so much room in the stash. The box seemed big enough for a 1/48 kit, which I wish it was but that will not likely happen but I'm glad to have a new one none the less.

I agree with the box size . Could be a good deal smaller.

Although I called it a proper box, they are still not as good as the old one but a sight better than the ones that open on the ends.

Very surprised to find about 4/5 of these kits at today's show .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back