• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: G-Factor 1/48th Scale MiG-23 Landing

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Gfactor48025MiG2327TSM.JPG

GfactorMiG23b.JPG

GfactorMiG23c.JPG

GfactorMiG23d.JPG

GfactorMiG23e.JPG

Scale Aircraft Conversions (some people call them SAC and I call them Sac o' S#!+) also have replacement gear for the Trumpeter kit but they are soft metal copies of the kit gear with all the seams, punch marks, and inaccuracies there for you to remove, correct, or admire.

I bought this set from AAA Hobbies.

Regards,

May I add awful looking texture to the material used

Hi Christian, are you referring to the Sac o' $#!+ or G-Factor? If the latter, my macro lens makes it look textured but it isn't.

If the former, I can only state that in my experience (paid for it once and others came in kits I bought from other modelers) I never kept them as they had all the negatives of the original in a new, very soft, metal plus they added a pebbly finish (making it hard to buff and replicate polished oleos), and flash. My temper got the better of me and I used them, after crumpling, as nose weights.

Regards,

Hi Christian, are you referring to the Sac o' $#!+ or G-Factor? If the latter, my macro lens makes it look textured but it isn't.

If the former, I can only state that in my experience (paid for it once and others came in kits I bought from other modelers) I never kept them as they had all the negatives of the original in a new, very soft, metal plus they added a pebbly finish (making it hard to buff and replicate polished oleos), and flash. My temper got the better of me and I used them, after crumpling, as nose weights.

Regards,

Yes, it looks like it's made from grains of sand . If it's an optical illusion though I'll take your word on it.

I know digital photos pick up on things the eye does not see . :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Yes, it looks like it's made from grains of sand . If it's an optical illusion though I'll take your word on it.

I know digital photos pick up on things the eye does not see...

I guess I better dig them out of the stash, wash them and primer them for a second photo set. Only way to know for sure!

Regards,

I thought someone said G-Factor went under. Their Mustang gear were great but from what I read of others they went down hill fast.

The only set of G-Factor products I ever bought were for my Revell Ju-88. They were under sized, did not fit to the wing mounts and were only slightly more detailed than the kit gear. (In fact they were mastered from modded gear from the kit)

Won't buy another G-factor product and won't even think about touching the "other" brand as you say they are soft white metal and poorly cast.

Too easy to fix the gear that come in the kit.

If the former, I can only state that in my experience (paid for it once and others came in kits I bought from other modelers) I never kept them as they had all the negatives of the original in a new, very soft, metal plus they added a pebbly finish (making it hard to buff and replicate polished oleos), and flash. My temper got the better of me and I used them, after crumpling, as nose weights. Regards,

After buying the resin upgrade set for my CF-100 CANUCK aircraft and receiving UNCURED and warped resin parts (maker never sent replacements); and after hearing about LEGEND's reputation for poor fitting and/or warped parts I will NOT buy after market stuff that I haven't seen at least two different reviews about.

The AM market relly seems to be a Buyer Beware market and you need to research the maker's quality BEFORE buying their product.

Cheers from Peter

Back