• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TAMIYA Mosquito FB Mark VI in 1/32

Very nice photo review, Paul - Is it just me or are there no rocket rails & rockets included ?? Perhaps they'll be in a later 'Coastal Command' version :idonno .

I simply don't have the space to display a built one... But I can enjoy other folks builds and given that one of only two of the flying Mozzies was rebuilt & refurbished here in NZ, I can see a LOT of Kiwi modellers buying this...

Here's 'our' Mosquito at the 2013 Wairarapa Show. A thing of beauty wouldn't you agree.

Ian.

Yes she is Ian. :pilot

Were these ever fitted to any post war roles, even civilian uses? You would think that someone would have fitted on out for Reno Air Races.

Not racers that I know of, Bob. Some were used as couriers, survey ships etc. The RAF used them actively until the early or mid 1950's, the last ones were weather recce and photo-recce machines.

You know that the Israeli's used them until the late 1950's as did the Swedes, the Tukish AF and some Central American countries.

Ian.

Nope, no rockets or rails Ian. Looking that the letter call out for the sprues though I am sure that there is another version in the wings. It is almost impossible to go into all the little details I saw in the instruction book. Radios, decals for dials on the back side of the "glass". A lot of detail on the engines and the extra thin moldings on many of the parts.

Great review Paul (y) I think the after market folks are working on rockets and rails for it. Initially I was going to op out on it for size reasons but after seeing it built up at the Nats it's not a whole lot bigger wingspan wise than my Il-2 (about 2.5" longer) so I may end with sooner or later.

I remember the old Monogram kit that you could build several different versions from... but that was long ago and very far away...

Saw this at Nats and it is a beauty to behold. It is far beyond my meager skills, but one can dream!

So, who is going to build it for our enjoyment?

Great review Paul (y) I think the after market folks are working on rockets and rails for it. Initially I was going to op out on it for size reasons but after seeing it built up at the Nats it's not a whole lot bigger wingspan wise than my Il-2 (about 2.5" longer) so I may end with sooner or later.

:dude

Back