• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer Art RE-35073 Road Wheels M26 DW

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Kit box.
PARE35073a.JPG

Contents of said box.
PARE35073b.JPG

Close up of spare wheel.
PARE35073c.JPG

Rear view of spare wheel.
PARE35073d.JPG

Comparison to Tamiya wheel. Front view.
PARE35073e.JPG

Comparison to Tamiya wheel. Rear view.
PARE35073g.JPG

It is nothing more than a cast copy of the kit wheels. No changes, such as side wall markings or weight simulation have been undertaken. Since the Tamiya wheels seem to be made of rubber, I am not sure if these are needed.

Regards,

Is that even legal?

Yes, two parts made into one. The legality of it isn't what disappointed me but the fact that nothing was done to make it better such as weight simulation or size/manufacturer side wall markings. Being that I have yet to have rubber (as in the Tamiya kit as opposed to vinyl) wheels split, I don't see a reason to recommend this set.

Regards,

Thats interesting.

It isn't legal, technically speaking if they simply copied an existing part, even if it was assembled. Otherwise I could assemble a 1/72 Tamiya, turn it into two parts and cast it in resin to sell as a new kit.

I doubt there would ever be any action on these wheels, between the costs of international law to pursue as well as the need to buy the original kit anyway, it doesn't hurt Tamiya.

It only hurts Panzer Art.

I agree with Saul though, they could of at least weighted the tires, make the hub parts separate, detailed better or something to differentiate, even if the sole reason for the kit is to correct an issue with the original, like tire disintegration (if that is an issue).

Thanks Saul, I was wondering about these. I was also wondered why they didn't do the trailer tires.

Not if weighting would have done any good, by looking at the pictures, the tires seem to stay pretty round.

Not if weighting would have done any good, by looking at the pictures, the tires seem to stay pretty round.

By weighting, I didn't mean bulging but flattening a spot of ground contact. Then, if that was done, to ensure that the contact spot was at different areas on the different wheels.

Combat tires had thick sidewalls which resisted bulging.

On the other end of the spectrum are the True Details replacement wheels which resemble flat tires... I state this as I am fixing a few sets for my Havocs.

Regards,

A very long time ago I had a tamiya LRDG vinyl tire split after years of sitting on the built model. I notices some company makes resin wheels/tires that have that exact split as part of the unit!

I've not since had a Tamiya vinyl tire split since I sanded the inside of each tire and the outside of the wheel until tthe vinyle slips over the wheel quite easily. If it takes a fair amount of pressure to mount a vinyle tire then I assume it'll split at some future time so I sand it and the wheel to remove that pressure.

As far as flattening/bulging the tires goes, that's what the iron I bought at a thrift store is for.

Cheers from Peter

Back