• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Tool Airfix 1/48 Defiant in 2016

RichB

Work is underway to upscale their 1/72 Defiant kit. Details on the WORKBENCH

Also include is a brief update on the 1/72 Shackleton coming this December.

Cheers,
Rich

That's a cool looking plane. I bet that's going to be a really impressive kit when they're done.
Though I admit that's not the vessel I expected when I read Defiant.:geek

I've never heard of Avro Shackleton before. Interesting looking aircraft. Sorry for the hijack Rich!

While I already have the CA Defiant if this release is to the same standard as other recent releases it will most likely replace the CA kit in the stash. Also drooling over the Shack, maybe now I can file thirteen the old FROG kit ! :v

Do you have the taildragger or nose gear Shack from Frog Gary?

In SA the Old Frog kit has become imposible to find

While I already have the CA Defiant if this release is to the same standard as other recent releases it will most likely replace the CA kit in the stash.

I may do likewise (even though I told SA Dave I wouldn't) since I still have a set of these markings left:

h67548ad.jpg

Regards,

As everyone else said These new molds from Airfix are just amazing

To the new owners of Airfix that saved it :drinks

It's the nose wheel version Dave, I more drawn to the tail dragger as it shows the progression from the Lancaster to the Lincoln to the Shackleton. Plus you don't need to put a ton of weight in the nose, it has a lot of weight aft of the main gear. Now we need a good kit of the Lincoln.

Those are some great looking kits ... I'm not sure if I'm still a distributor for Hornby or not ... I sure hope so ... I owed them some money for a bit that took time to pay ... Dang war gamming (GW) nearly put me under ... :pilot :pilot :pilot

The BP Defiant will be a welcome addition to the stash... I may even build it!

I remember building the Frog Shackleton kit when i was stationed in England back in the dark ages...

Those are some great looking kits ... I'm not sure if I'm still a distributor for Hornby or not ... I sure hope so ... I owed them some money for a bit that took time to pay ... Dang war gamming (GW) nearly put me under ... :pilot :pilot :pilot

Don't be so sure that they are coming from Hornby .

From talking with one of my Brit friends; Airfix is no longer manufactured in China but in India. He also quoted that the QC. is no longer predictable .

Cheers, Christian B)

Could be worse! HobbyCraft could be making them!

Maybe . I'm sort of looking forward to building some of the things only Airfix seems to manufacture.

Unfortunately, at the price of kits now days plus the cost of posting I surely don't want to return things for a warped fuselage ect :bat

At least during the hobby crap days you could go to your LHS and take a look inside the box and then, it only cost a few dollars to be disappointed .

Cheers, Christian B)

Actually Airfix has been moving theyr production back to UK. The Humbrol paints are now all made in UK and there is an improvement in the paints especialy in the metalisers that is from UK and not India.

Back