• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 UH-1D Re-issue

RichB

Revell USA has re-issued their UH-1D. The box art and sample build show it as a gunship which were the short cabin UH-1C's. Markings are provided for Maj B.P. "Snake" Crandall's, MOH winner for actions at Ia Drang ("We Were Soldiers" movie), UH-1D and a Canadian Air Force CUH-1H/CH-118 SAR helo in the late overall yellow scheme.

Out of the box the kit builds as a UH-1H, fine for the Canadian version, but will require some minor backdating for a Vietnam UH-1D. The cabin doesn't include any troop seats but they should be fairly easy to scratch.

Revell UH-1D

Cheers,
Rich

Back in 1979 when I bought mine it came in this box:

h54fc19e.JPG

Chronically warped fuselage, terrible fit legions of sink marks and I absolutely loved it !!

Ian.

Oh how many of them did I build, the Evac version and gunship. Not the most graceful looking thing but it's still getting the job done.

So what version had the conical type intake, I seem to remember that one being built several times.

Back