• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Skoda PA-II Turtle

Can't tell if that thing is coming or going.

Wonder if the rounded armor would give it any better protection.

Thanks for the look inside James, so when you going to knock it out?

I like the subject but don't care for the company producing it. Yes, I know a lot of 'back stores.'

Sadly, it seems the doors are molded shut. It seems a simple build though and obviously cheaper to acquire than the resin kits out there.

Regards,

Okay started this just to see how it goes.
Things to watch for are soft plastic, mostly butt joints with poor locators, and 2 seams on the front and back that I did not notice before.
I used some scrap plastic to make bridges in order to give a bit more strength.
Took about half an hour to get the four main "turret" pieces glued and then assembled to the body. A lot of fiddling and adjusting. I highly recommend you do the steps close together before the glue joint fully hardens. I have some gaps still that will require filler.
This is bigger than I thought and the tank behind it is a T-72.

DSC05555.JPG

DSC05556.JPG

DSC05557.JPG

I will add some more support inside later. Not as thrilled as I was, but still interested in this vehicle.

James

Back