• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New exhibits at the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw

dewertus

A few days ago the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw get two "new heavy exhibits", one of them is a gift from King of Nederland, second comes from Polish Army.

DSCF8355.JPG

DSCF8356.JPG

DSCF8357.JPG

DSCF8358.JPG

DSCF8359.JPG

DSCF8360.JPG

DSCF8361.JPG

DSCF8362.JPG

DSCF8363.JPG

DSCF8364.JPG

DSCF8365.JPG

DSCF8366.JPG

DSCF8367.JPG

DSCF8368.JPG

DSCF8369.JPG

DSCF8370.JPG

DSCF8371.JPG

DSCF8372.JPG

DSCF8381.JPG

DSCF8382.JPG

DSCF8383.JPG

DSCF8384.JPG

DSCF8373.JPG

DSCF8374.JPG

DSCF8375.JPG

DSCF8376.JPG

DSCF8377.JPG

DSCF8379.JPG

The Centurion tank from the Netherlands could use some rust removal and a bit of new paint over that.
Thanks for sharing Hubert! (y)

Gr,Ron.

Ah, that would make a lot of sense, looking at it, and the chute coming out of the back.

I would almost think mine removal if it were on the front, but definitely not w/ it on the back.

I know that ain't no plow, what's that thing on the back?

In that case, maybe mine layer?

Yes indeed - it's used for laying mine in the ground

This is a quite rare vehicle:

(SUM "Kalina" for Samobieżny Ustawiacz Min - lit. Self propelled Minelayer) is a tracked minelayer developed from SPG-1M specifically for the rapid laying of surface and buried anti-tank mines. The SUM minelayer has a crew of two. The minelaying system is carried at the rear of the vehicle with mines being automatically fed into the system from two magazines carried within the armoured superstructure; each magazine can hold up to 125 anti-tank mines of the TM-62M or TM-62M Wierzba type. The mine magazines are replenished or replaced using a K10 crane mounted at the rear of the vehicle which has a lifting capacity of 2,800 kg. The mine magazines can also be reloaded manually while the magazines are inside the vehicle. Supervision of the laying process can be carried out using a rear-mounted video camera connected to a monitoring screen inside the vehicle. The monitoring screen is located over a control panel used to control the minelaying operations. Provision is made for operations under NBC conditions by an air filtration system and a GO-27 or Polish-produced Tafios detection device.When burying mines the vehicle can travel at a speed between 6 and 10 km/h. When laying surface mines the speed range is from 6 to 20 km/h. It is possible to lay mines in water up to 900 mm deep at a speed of 6 km/h.The vehicle is armed with a 12.7 mm NSW machine gun; 902A smoke grenade launchers are also provided. (WIKI)

Back