• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS 2015 Int'l Show, Auburn IN

So...

Anyone planning on attending?

Tom

Yep, I'll be there.

I'm probably pitching the Field Judges training seminar as well as one of the Diorama/Vignette Judges training seminars (or co-presenting with Dave Vickers depending on the schedule).

I'm also presenting one of the seminars, "Figure Painting with Artist Oils" on Saturday morning, 1030 to 1230.

Also have an announcement to introduce the AMPS 2016 Convention venue at the General Membership Meeting on Friday night.

If any MA folks are around, look me up and say "hi."

Safe travels and happy modeling!

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC

Mike, will your figure seminar be videoed at all ?

I was plannning on attending but sadly another family function coincides with the show :(

Sorry Andy, but to my knowledge, none of the seminars are being videoed.

(Our AMPS chapter is looking at video or perhaps even live-streaming for 2016, though. Very tentative plans at this time, though.)

For anyone interested, here's the current TENTATIVE 2015 AMPS International Convention seminar schedule. (Schedule subject to change but pretty firm right now, as I understand it.)

30APR15 1300 - 1330 Thursday Demo 1 Adam Wilder
01MAY15 0930 - 1030 Friday Master Class Dan Tisconcik
01MAY15 1100 - 1230 Friday Painting Figures with Acrylics Dave Youngquist
01MAY15 1300 - 1430 Friday Armor of the Vietnam War Jim Mesko
01MAY15 1500 - 1630 Friday Vallejo Rob Ferrrera
01MAY15 1700 - 1830 Friday Diorama Design and Dtructure Dave Vickers
01MAY15 1800 - 1900 Friday
02MAY15 0900 - 1000 Saturday Scratching and Pattern Making Rob Ervin
02MAY15 1030 - 1200 Saturday Figure Painting with Oils Mike Roof
02MAY15 1230 - 1400 Saturday Grex Airbrush Demo Dave Manter
02MAY15 1430 - 1600 Saturday Oil Finishes Sean Lynch

I'll likely post up the slides from my presentation on our AMPS club's website, but the embedded video portions of the seminar will probably exceed our allowable upload, so those parts will be absent. I won't do this, though, until after the convention.

Mike

So...

Tom

Yep, I'll be there.

I'm probably pitching the Field Judges training seminar as well as one of the Diorama/Vignette Judges training seminars (or co-presenting with Dave Vickers depending on the schedule).

I'm also presenting one of the seminars, "Figure Painting with Artist Oils" on Saturday morning, 1030 to 1230.

Also have an announcement to introduce the AMPS 2016 Convention venue at the General Membership Meeting on Friday night.

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC

Hey Mike!

Cool, I'll look you up and attend your seminar. I like using oils for figures. Working on a dio now,
hoping I have it done in time.

Tom

So...

Tom

Yep, I'll be there.

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC

Hey Mike!

Cool, I'll look you up and attend your seminar. I like using oils for figures. Working on a dio now,
hoping I have it done in time.

Tom

Hope to see ya there!

Mike

For anyone interested and following such things, I was told today that all of the seminars to be presented at this year's AMPS convention will be put on video and up-loaded to a new "AMPS Channel" on YouTube.

How this all works out remain to be seen, but it is a step forward in the right direction with a lot of potential for the future.

Happy modeling!

Mike

Back