• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer Art Famo Resin Details

Thanks for posting those up Saul. I'll look for the grill. I should look for different tires though?
James

I should look for different tires though?

As far as I saw, only Voyager Model has German tires for the Sd.Kfz. 9 with weight simulated. The other wheels (from Real Model and Panzer Art) are of British cross country tires mounted onto a captured vehicle.

Regards,

Those grills really look great, thanks Saul.

I've mentioned this before, but I have seen first hand the kit supplied tires disintegrate
over time, so resin wheels are a good idea.

And while we're on the subject...What is the correct pronunciation of Famo?

A friend of mine who is much more knowledgeable on German subjects than me pronounced it "Fame-Oh".

Is that right?

Tom

Those grills really look great, thanks Saul.

I've mentioned this before, but I have seen first hand the kit supplied tires disintegrate
over time, so resin wheels are a good idea.

And while we're on the subject...What is the correct pronunciation of Famo?

A friend of mine who is much more knowledgeable on German subjects than me pronounced it "Fame-Oh".

Is that right?

Tom

Fame-oh :rotf Naah,not really Tom.
It's more like: F_aaaah_m_oh. (Sorry I cant give you sound on this medium)
I am living close to the German border,I know how it's pronounced.

Gr, Ron.

Haha, thanks Ron, I thought Fame-oh sounded wrong.

I would usually make it sound like it rhymed with "Camo", that's a bit closer eh?

Tom

Back