• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mad City Contest & Show 7 March 2015

Rhino

Super Moderator
George Stevens & I made the 7 March IPMS Mad City Modelers Show.
The Mad City Show was a HOOT! They tallied 87 entrants, with a whopping 470 models on display. The Clubs friendliness, and hospitality was as before, so I believe they really are just that welcoming in Madison. I had pre-printed the registration forms, so George & I breezed through Registration, with ease. The Doubleday's venue, with its spacious hall, nearby Bathrooms, Bowling alley, and downstairs watering hole was pleasing. A few Vendors griped about not having enough space, and their gripe may have been valid. Vending space was cozy!
54 Categories were awarded First, Second, and Third Prizes. (medallions on ribbons) 7 "Best of's" followed, with a Judges Grand award, and a People's Choice as well (Engraved plaques), and a Theme Award; "On Wisconsin!" Of note was the tie in People's Choice, decided by popular applause between an impressive Tamiya 1/350 IJN Musashi, and Larry Clausen's Winter Mirage Diorama, in 1/35th scale.
Since us Southern folk is so noisy, Larry prevailed. Well deserved!

Richard Sliwka won the Theme award for his 1/350 resin PG-101, USS Green Bay Asheville class Gunboat. Nifty lil' vessel!

The Mad City Raffle had kits grouped in 4 1 hour blocks. with a generous Super raffle held to the very end. They drew five tickets, then allowed the winners to choose from the appropriate pile of prizes, then drew lots of five, until the prizes for that hour's draw was expended. This all but eliminated the "Feeding Frenzy" that can occur, with too many winners, vying for a favored prize. I thought the raffle process went smoothly. The lion's share of the prizes were new, sealed, complete, kits. The opened Otaki 1/48 Ki-61 Hien I won was complete, and pristine, even. Nifty model, for her age!

I didn't talk to everybody there, but all of you know how shy, and reserved I am, so you can imagine. Ron Teubert and I had a chat about The Mad City's possible bid for another regional. As fond as I am of a Model Show, that has a Bar right in the same venue, we both concurred Doubleday's may be, sadly to small for a Regional Show.

My thanks to the Mad City Modelers, for putting on such a fun Show, and for their warm welcome for Two Suther'n Surgeons! My 1/72 "Der Baron" Messerschmitt Me-262-a1 was shockingly awarded a 3rd place in a hotly contested "1/72 and Smaller Jet" category! Mr Paul Boyer was also of note, in attendance. He's quite a bit older than I remember. Hmm.

nopics.gif

Glad you had a good time! :drinks

more pict's
IMG_2905.JPG

My Personal favorite Car Model!
IMG_2906.JPG

IMG_2907.JPG

Beautiful Panther Jet!!
IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2909_28229.jpg

IMG_2910.JPG

My Favorite Skyray Scheme!! :pilot
IMG_2911.JPG

Larry Clausen's "Peoples Choice" Award winner. "Winter Mirage". Ausgezteichnet!
IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2914_28229.jpg

1/48 Single engine, Prop.
IMG_2915_28229.jpg

Frank Miller's A-26K Counter Invader, and other 1/72 entries
IMG_2916.JPG

My Entries
Rhiners_entries_Mad_City2C_2015.jpg

My surprising award. One of the categories Mr. Paul Boyer was entered in. Humbling!
Mad_City_3rd_place_award___1-72___smaller_Jet_.JPG

Thanks for sharing Rhino! (y)

The German battleship Bismarck seems to be mighty impressive in that scale!

Gr,Ron.

Back