• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: Academy's new Tiger I Normandy '44

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Academy13287box.JPG

Academy13287SprueA.JPG

Academy13287SprueBfront.JPG

Academy13287SprueBrear.JPG

Academy13287SprueDKfront.JPG

Academy13287SprueDKrear.JPG

Academy13287SprueE.JPG

Academy13287SprueLLowerHull1.JPG

Academy13287SprueLLowerHull2.JPG

These are new sprues... note the asymmetrical turret, gun, engine deck and tools...
Academy13287SpruePSfront.JPG

Academy13287SpruePSrear.JPG

This large decal was designed by DEF Model and printed by Cartograf:
Academy13287SpruexDecalsPE.JPG

Academy13287SpruexTracksPoly.JPG

Regards,

One day I will tank.

I actually own a Tiger I kit, I don't know if it will ever get finished.

Those tracks look narsty, but from what I understand, no one uses kit tracks anyway.

Friul tracks are really nice, white metal and linked they look totally natural with weighted sag. But there's some who can nail the kit tracks like no one's business...I ain't one. :soldier

Cool Saul, thanks. Just a question, how does it match up to the Dragon offerings? It looks kind of like the turret is symmetrical rather than asymmetrical to my eyes. Thanks in advance.
James

Again, ook at all that slide molding! Even the tow cable ends are recessed- very convenient. Ah, the poor Tiger has been so thoroughly dissected- but that gives us better and better kits! My only experience has been the ancient Tamiya offering- this kit is light years ahead. Thanks, Saul!

Back