• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zvezda Su-2 1/48 Review

Kinda think it looks more like the Dauntless short of the turret. The BT-1 started development about the same time but you have to wonder if Douglas was even aware that this aircraft existed. They look very similar but how many ways can you design a dive bomber?

Great review as always Gary :drinks

Kinda think it looks more like the Dauntless short of the turret. The BT-1 started development about the same time but you have to wonder if Douglas was even aware that this aircraft existed. They look very similar but how many ways can you design a dive bomber?

Great review as always Gary :drinks

Very similar to a Dauntless, thanks for the review Gary, I'm still toying with acquiring this kit someday!

Not a plane that has a lot of appeal to me, but as a kit I am intrigued. Funny about that, isn't it? The general fit looks pretty darned good. That Vector engine looks to be a step up from the IAR engine what with those push rod bases. Another great review, Gary- thanks!

Good review of an plane I did not even knew existed - Thanks Gary :drinks

Nice review - a pity that nearly a year after the "premiere" presentation
:rotf https://www.modelersalliance.com/spruepub-forum/news-reviews-and-shows/148341-sukhoi-su-2-zvezda-1-48 :rotf

Ahh well, when you get old the mind is the first thing that goes, I guess I need to do a history check in the future.

Excellent review of an obscure Soviet aircraft; of course, all of the Soviet aircraft are new to me as I've just returned to modelling after a nearly 50 year hiatus . . . :eek:ldguy

Nice review Gary .... Thanks for your time ..... looks like a great kit ..... I do tink it looks like a avenger .... :eek:ldguy .... nice wing details ..... :eek:ldguy

It goes together well but doesn't hold up well to heat from external sources
su-2-b21.jpg
:hmmm

Excellent review of an obscure Soviet aircraft; of course, all of the Soviet aircraft are new to me as I've just returned to modelling after a nearly 50 year hiatus . . . :eek:ldguy

Wow, the longest hiatus I've heard of so far . Welcome on board :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back