• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BEWARE buying from www.mastercasters.co.uk

Tankbuilder

Never ever buy from anyone you don't check online about first!

I bought a 1/48 scale CF-100 "Clunk" Cockpit Update Set from www.mastercasters.co.uk and it came with badly warped parts and some uncured parts. The uncured resin may be why the cockpit canopy rail piece warped 90 degrees.

The guy said on November 1 that he'd send out replacement parts. However he has never responded to any of my three emails asking if those parts were sent. As of today three weeks later the replacement parts have not come. That wouldn't be so bad IF he'd reply to the emails. Due to this very disappointing experience I've decide to warn others.

Too bad because the sets he lists sound good and I was looking forward to getting an exterior set for my CF-100 and three sets for my CF-105 Avro Arrow.

Before buying from anyone you've never dealt with check online to see if others have had problems.

I guess I'm back to scratch building a lot of stuff.

Cheers from Peter

Sorry to hear of your experience Peter! I get rather leary of unknowns these days myself. Had a poor experience with a Sci-Fi aftermarketer a number of years ago, placed the order and over 2 months went by with no product. Then couldn't get a response to e-mails. Finally after raising a stink on one of the Sci-Fi forums I did get a response. In the end I got the product I ordered and there were a couple of extra decal sheets thrown in as well. Wouldn't have minded the slow if he would have just responded to my e-mails.

On the other hand, I have had EXCELLENT service from Eduard and Aeries for incorrect and missing parts.

Thanks for the heads up Peter, I know you mentioned problems with that resin. And for the record I would invite the owner of Mastercasters to address this problem with Peter and we would gladly make note of it on this thread. We'd really rather talk about successful resolution of issues between modelers and vendors but if there's no communication and no resolution, I have to agree with Peter, let the buyer beware.

Back