• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modeler of the Month for October is Laurence Maftei

Hey who doesn't look good next to their Bride. (y) Looks like we all married up if you know what I mean.

Congrats all around Laurence :notworthy

Congrats Laurence! Very well deserved honor (y) (y) . Nice wedding date too, same as my wife and I, only 28 years earlier :D
Ernie

Bob, this is way more than I ever imagined. Big thank you for the award and the fact that you took the time to compile it all.

I must admit that when I joined MA I did it because I wanted to learn more from the man who had been my inspiration since few years ago when I stumbled upon his site. And now, one year on, I have this .... I can't find the words to describe how it feels.

Soon after I joined, I started reading posts, browsing through the site and I found so many models that are inspiring, a wonderful display of modeling skills in all areas. But, more importantly, reading the posts I saw how people talk to one another and I have seen nothing but support, appreciation, a plethora of advice and ideas. That is what makes MA be what it is - the BEST :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

When I started posting my own stuff, I got the same "treatment" and that made it such a great experience, it made the builds a lot more fun, a lot more educational, it's been really great.

MP - you are doing such a great job with this site so big thanks to you for doing all the hard work.

In no particular order, and I do apologize in advance for not capturing all the names on this list, I want to say a big thank you to Mats, Ron, Luiz, Ian, James, Terry, Ernie, Dave (amazing job with the photos), Christian, Les, Paul, Mike, each and every single one of you, who have posted on my threads. I really appreciate it.

OK, enough with the mushy speech :smack . Canberra Expo is this weekend, they call it SCALEACT (ACT is the Australian Capital Territory) - 3 hours drive. Waaaaaaay behind where I'd want to be, working like mad to get stuff finished. This is one of the best shows in Oz (my opinion), google SCALEACT 2014 and you'll find their site, it's really cool.

Off to the bench now, sleep for 5 hours if I'm lucky then work. :frantic

Laurence

Hey Laurence,

Congratulations! You deserved it! I like the way you build! Keep on going where modelers have rarely gone. I like your positive attitude and the way you jump into things you have never done before with such determination! IMO, that's a great characteristic for a modeler to have!

All the best of luck to you and Anne in the future!

Bob

Hey Laurence,

Congratulations! You deserved it! I like the way you build! Keep on going where modelers have rarely gone. I like your positive attitude and the way you jump into things you have never done before with such determination! IMO, that's a great characteristic for a modeler to have!

All the best of luck to you and Anne in the future!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the compliments :notworthy all the best to you and Susan :drinks

Laurence

CONGRATS Laurence! :drinks

I do hope you stick around for a mighty long time around here. :beer

Greetings,Ron.

Back