• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scale Model Challenge 2014 (NL)

reconron

Well,here are some belated pictures from the SMC Veldhoven (NL) show 2014,one of the best shows in the Low Countries in my humble opinion.
I'm glad that I went there even if I have to deal with some nasty back and leg problems.
Nice to have seen well known faces and friends back again. :Hiay

KH1.jpg

KH2.jpg

KH3.jpg

KH4.jpg

KH5.jpg

KH6.jpg

KH7.jpg

KH8.jpg

KH9.jpg

KH10.jpg

KH11.jpg

KH12.jpg

KH13.jpg

KH14.jpg

KH15.jpg

KH16.jpg

KH17.jpg

KH18.jpg

KH19.jpg

KH20.jpg

KH21.jpg

KH22.jpg

KH23.jpg

KH24.jpg

KH25.jpg

KH26.jpg

KH27.jpg

KH28.jpg

KH29.jpg

KH30.jpg

KH31.jpg

KH32.jpg

KH33.jpg

KH34.jpg

KH35.jpg

KH36.jpg

KH37.jpg

KH38.jpg

KH39.jpg

KH40.jpg

KH41.jpg

KH42.jpg

That's it so far from me,if any of you who went there have additional pics...please share.

Greetings,Ron.

Man I really have to get to Europe and see a show. It puts the ones I've seen here to shame. Incredible workmanship on all the entries. Thanks for posting these up.
James

James, if you get a chance to go to SMC in Veldhoven you must! and i'm so happy i saw the Clervaux diorama because Claude said it was the last time he will display it on a show, think it will be set up permanently somewhere from now, probably a museum.

I've seen pic of it over the last few years. One day I'll buy his book on it. And one day I'll get over there to a show and to do some sight seeing.
James

Amazing artistry all around. :notworthy

Who's this chap?

KH15.jpg

I really don't know ,MP. :idonno
So many good looking figures and torso's,it was hard to make a selection.The same goes for all the models in general.I heared from some guy that 700+ models entered the competition.
Our very own Luc Klinkers won a 3th place with his "King Tiger" dio.(can be found in his Master Section)

Claude Joachim's big Chateau Clervaux diorama is really something else,he toured several major Model Shows in Europe and there's a book about this amazing work as well.I wouldn't be surprised if the model of the castle and it's surroundings would end up in actual castle in the town of Clervaux in Luxemburg.

(thanks for the additional pics,Mats)

Greetings,Ron.

James, if you get a chance to go to SMC in Veldhoven you must! and i'm so happy i saw the Clervaux diorama because Claude said it was the last time he will display it on a show, think it will be set up permanently somewhere from now, probably a museum.

Wasn't he posting his progress with us at one time? Maybe a gentle reminder huh? :good:

Great post Mats and Ron, spent the last 20 minutes or so checking things out. Outstanding show but y'all didn't get a shot of the sausage on the grill?

no BBQ this time but well a big dinner the day before and one more after the show and the evening before we were hanging out in the hotel bar with all the other modelbuilders :)

Back