• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

reboxed Sherman

Hope it all fits...:bang head

This is the Tasca (now Asuka) Sherman. It fits beautifully plus all those New Tiger Model Designs parts are made to fit. As for Eduard's additions, their decals are usually very good and their PE is basic but good. None of their [strike]Ass-Inn[/strike]... I meant Brass-In parts. Actually, I get the feeling that the Brass-In parts which did not fit were designed for another kit for which they didn't get the sprues (or their own kit which they never made).

Their Tiger II is based on the very nice (for Academy ) Korean kit. Strange thing is that one can buy the base kit from Academy, a more complete PE detail set, and Star Decals (when they re-release the Bison Decals' Berlin 1945 set) for less than the asking price. Yet, the opposite is true for the Sherman, it is cheaper to buy Eduard's re-box.

Regards,

Actually, I get the feeling that the Brass-In parts which did not fit were designed for another kit for which they didn't get the sprues (or their own kit which they never made).

If you think of what kit it may fit let me know, I'll pick it up and see if it'll stuff in there. I still have the Brassin stuff, looked at it the other day and thought I did a pretty good job on it. :(

But if that's the case that means the cockpit tub for one or the other is not scaled correctly, wouldn't it?

Back