• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Changing of the Guard at MMD/Squadron

RichB

A new CEO has been appointed at Squadron, Gwynne Gorr (formerly of The Franklin Mint), after two senior members left "to pursue other opportunities". There is much speculation going on at some sites over what this means for the future of Squadron, from their imminent demise to a grand resurgence. As they say, time will tell.

Cheers,
Rich

I do miss the days of my youth, receiving their monthly 'supplements' and trying to figure out a way to get mom and dad to buy a new project for me.

My first international order (in the midle seventies),was done at Squadron :zen ... it was a FW 190 A ,Hasegawa , 1/32 scale...

Luiz

Oh, Franklin Mint ........The people who make those high price collector die-cast models :hmmm Sounds counterproductive but I hope it turns around. Not much else left. :S

That might explain why their kits are priced beyond belief now days :idonno

All bad jokes aside I do miss the days of the original owner .

He always had sales that I would actually purchase something from . Oh yeah, he also had stuff in stock :good:

I actually met him once . Let me walk through the warehouse :woohoo: Yes, I miss those days :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Well at this point in time I can't see how it could get much worse. I've seen a few Hasegawa kits on there that were priced above the MSRP price. Also it seems like nothing is ever in stock anymore. I've not bought anything from them in quite some time now. Spruebrothers has been treating me well.

Back