• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS Region 12 Regional Simpsonville SC 9/13/2014

dukwhunter

Hi Guys ,

Here are a few pics i took of today's Region 12 IPMS Regional in Simpsonville SC 9/13-14 . Rode down with Chris Lacroix (Phantom II) and we met up with Bob Britt (Moon puppy) there .

001~16.JPG

002~11.JPG

003~4.JPG

004~3.JPG

005~0.JPG

006~0.JPG

007~0.JPG

008~0.JPG

009~0.JPG

010~0.JPG

011~1.JPG

012~1.JPG

013~1.JPG

014~2.JPG

015~1.JPG

Never did find out how many total entries they had maybe Chris or Bob know ?

Still a nice show and a great time was had by all . Looking forward to making another road trip sometime soon

in the future ! B)

BTW no one twisted Bob's arm in buying that Silver Wings 1/32 P6E Hawk (NICE KIT) !!!! (y)

I got a couple of pictures also. Good to see you guys also, sorry Mike couldn't make it this time, maybe next. :zen

I'll get mine pics up tomorrow. (y)

Good to see you & Chris both Bob ! Yeah hope Mike can make the next one !!! So when can we expect to see that Silver Wings kit built ??? :pilot

No idea of the number of entries . Good trip with you guys .Also very nice to meet up with modelers and vendors that I seldom see.

Really enjoyed some time with Dave Dunson and his zany takes on the French army :rotf

IPMS_Simpsonville_054a.jpg

More latter

It dawned on me on the way home that the place we eat at was the same place we (Chris, Mike and our Brides) meet at in Greenville a while back, which also served me cold food. :sick: And I picked it! :frantic

Doesn't matter, I still had a great time. :coolio

Here are my shots.

h320fe7f.jpg

ha9bf288.jpg

Another foiled beauty from our friend Ken, Ken Friend that is...

Look familiar? :notworthy

h0e80ec7.jpg

The prototype Wildcats. :good:

These are for James!
hd410497.jpg

h6fa725d.jpg

h1ba4d59.jpg

My favorite car.

And if y'all don't mind me showing my wins, I was kinda jazzed about it.
he04e939.jpg

The Honey took First in Closed Top Allied, I was shocked!

h933cc08.jpg

The Armored Jeep came in 3rd, with a crooked wheel...Thanks for pointing it out Sean.

hdba474c.jpg

And the little Panzer came in 3rd for Axis.

And I must say that the awards were nicer than what was done last year, thank you to the organizers for listening to the feed back on that. :good:

Some really nice stuff there. Of not is that gorgeous BV 138 :D Really nicely done Hawk one also. And that rusted car looks very cool. Awesome that you guys had a great day. He Bob, if you wait a little Yellow Wings is bringing out some decals for your new P-6

Thanks James, I'm probably going to use the kit decals, that classic Snow Owl scheme of the 17 Pursuit Squadron is the one I want to do. Course that depends on what Yellow Wings brings out...:popcorn

Thanks for sharing,folks. (y)

I will try to upload the photo's from the KMK Scaleworld show in Belgium also soon.

GReetings,Ron.

I will try to upload the photo's from the KMK Scaleworld show in Belgium also soon.

GReetings,Ron.

Cant wait Ron. BTW did you get the Fennek magazine by Abrams Club? If so is it worthwhile? I am thinking of maybe getting a Fennek maybe. If the mag is good it might just force my hand.
James

GReetings,Ron.

Cant wait Ron. BTW did you get the Fennek magazine by Abrams Club? If so is it worthwhile? I am thinking of maybe getting a Fennek maybe. If the mag is good it might just force my hand.
James

(some) pics are uploaded now.
Yeah,I did get my copy of the Fennek special,and I think it's worthwhile for just 10 Euro.
I hoped to find more photo's of the fieldmodifications done by the Dutch in Afghanistan,but I have other sources to find them.
It is great to have the Fennek magazine,thank you very much for the heads up,James. (y)

Oh I have 2 Fenneks now,a friend in Canada made a generous donation,..that would be the Trumpeter Fennek, to me (think you know that dude,James)I've picked something up from the show today for him. :D

Greetings,Ron.

IPMS Region 12 Regional Simpsonville SC 9/13/2014 14 Sep 2014 07:49 #8
It dawned on me on the way home that the place we eat at was the same place we (Chris, Mike and our Brides) meet at in Greenville a while back, which also served me cold food. :sick: And I picked it! :frantic

Doesn't matter, I still had a great time. :coolio

Here are my shots.

h320fe7f.jpg

How ironic Bob . Last time you complained about the cold food ( justly so ) and this time it was too hot.

Luckily I did not select the place this time . Maybe we should have opted for Cuban after all :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Here's an opening salvo . Frankly don't feel like working today....Maybe latter.

IPMS_Simpsonville_010a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_009a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_008a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_007a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_006a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_005a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_004a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_003a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_002a.jpg

IPMS_Simpsonville_001a.jpg

The Scorpion is not a much favored bird to model but I thought this one was very well done.

Cheers, for now . Christian B)

How ironic Bob . Last time you complained about the cold food ( justly so ) and this time it was too hot.

Luckily I did not select the place this time . Maybe we should have opted for Cuban after all :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

No I asked you if yours was hot..you thought I was talking spicy. Mine was cold, again.

Personally I like the idea of German again. :beer

I totally missed that CorsairII. :facepalm And did anyone see the Albatross that they mentioned as best of aircraft? I don't recall one there.

Hi Bob ,

Thought i showed you & Chris the Albatross , it was WNW 1/32 kit . builder was Sam Morgan out of IPMS Arm/Air Salisbury . He also built a 1/72 Albatross by Roden which he did in the same markings . Very impressive work ! (y)

regards
JOEY

Back