• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Amodel Dornier DO-26D 1:72

I really didn't know there were so many German float planes back then. This one is really sharp looking.

Thanks for the review Gary, I know if I ever see one of these I'll keep moving but will appreciate it if I see it at a show somewhere. Would be a sharp looking build for sure!

Probably one of the best looking flying boats ever!

Thanks for the review Gary, I was considering this kit but may stay away from the 1/72 scale. I have the Mach 2 as well and it is a bit of a nightmare! This kit does look like it is leaps and bounds ahead though!

Someone please tackle this plane in 1/48!!!!!! (and the Do 18 too)!

:D

One thing though Gary, didn't they militarize all 6 of the operational aircraft? I thought the Germans used the three civilian planes and converted them for military use and then built three more with military specs....?

Warren you may be correct, my primary source of information is over 45 years old and a lot of newer information has come to light since then, or maybe I just read it wrong.

One thing to note is that I think my photos probably show the kit in its worst light. With the mating surfaces cleaned up a bit I think the kit will go together rather nicely. I did proceed as far as getting all the interior parts cut off their sprues and ready to paint. I didn't go any farther because I have builds in two campaigns that I need to get done in the next 8 weeks and didn't need any competition for time or bench space.

Thanks to everyone for looking in and you comments !

Back