• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Curtiss P-6E Hawk 1/32 Silver Wings

Excellent review Gary, once again. :notworthy

Do I understand that the holes for the N struts and Cabane struts are not drilled out? Think that would require some math to figure out where to drill out, that alone scares me. Rigging can't be nearly as hard as some of the Wingnut Wing offerings.

But mark me as one of those who think the Hawk is the quintessential bi-plane of all times. :pilot

Thanks again! (y)

Great review, Phil- cheers! Moon, a set of dividers can make locating holes much easier than it seems. Whenever I can, i use empirical measurements rather than numerical.

Math is hard!

-Barbie

;)

Nice review Gary!

Do I understand that the holes for the N struts and Cabane struts are not drilled out? Think that would require some math to figure out where to drill out, that alone scares me. Rigging can't be nearly as hard as some of the Wingnut Wing offerings.

Bob, this, and all Silver Wings kits, don't have the holes pre-drilled (I guess it's hard to mold/cast that way), but they do have a small "divot" in the spot where you need to drill the hole, so you don't actually need to figure out where to drill :)

Doug

Nice review Gary!

Bob, this, and all Silver Wings kits, don't have the holes pre-drilled (I guess it's hard to mold/cast that way), but they do have a small "divot" in the spot where you need to drill the hole, so you don't actually need to figure out where to drill :)

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug, good news then. Piques my interest more now.

I hate you for making me want one more. I'm already staging a coup for a second Typhoon or a second Tamiya Mustang. Adding this would likely get me killed. :tomato

Be glad you haven't been tempted by the evil resin vendor (you know who you are...) who makes offers you can't refuse. :facepalm

Well my resin pusher has made an offer I can't refuse...:pilot

Really looking forward to it. Plan is to build this one to get it under my belt and then take on the Spirit.

Back