• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review - Trumpeter's IS-4

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
OK, I see that they named it JS-4 for Joseph Stalin but the name is Iosef in Russian!

TrumpeterIS4box.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueA.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueB.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueC.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueD.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueEfront.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueErear.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueFfront.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueFrear.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueT.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXHull1.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXHull2.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXHull3.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXHull4.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXHull5.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXHull6.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SpruexTurret.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXXPE.JPG

TrumpeterIS4SprueXXtras.JPG

Regards,

Thanks Saúl-- appreciate you doing this. Looks like some nice detail there...I'd probably not attempt to assemble the two piece log for fear of never getting the seam hidden...unless you applied some sort of bark texture over the whole thing...

Thanks Saul. At first look though it seems awfully expensive for what is in the box. Looking this up it does not seem to have been a popular or heavily produced tank. Are you doing yours as part of a collection?
James

Are you doing yours as part of a collection?

No, I simply want to see what they are doing with provided references. I'm not interested in the World of Tanks direction they're taking with releases. Things like the guns, roadwheels, et cetera, are making their way to the started Tamiya & Dragon IS-2 tanks (preference given to the two Tamiya kits I have).

Eventually, they will release their own IS-2 series and it looks to be very good indeed!

Regards,

Back