• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mirror Models' 35108 Ford F15A Truck

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Mirror Models has released their F15A truck. First thing one will notice is the full color artwork by Arkadiusz Wróbel, a noted Polish artist.
Mirror35108F15Abox.JPG

The markings are a bit strange and it seems to show a Luftwaffe truck driving during a bombing raid.

As usual for Mirror Models, the box is tightly packed with sprues, each unique one individually wrapped in resealable bags with the exception of one open bag and three Ziploc type bags.

The instructions are completely drawn, no more CDs or photographs of a build. They include a potted history and a parts list.

Mirror35108F15ASprueA.jpg

Sprue A is mostly the engine. There will be a spare engine which you'll see later.

Mirror35108F15ASprueB.jpg

Sprue B is for the frame.

Mirror35108F15ASprueC.JPG

There are two Trees marked Sprue C, one for the clear parts and the other for under chassis details.

Mirror35108F15ASprueD.JPG

These sprues, D, are for under chassis details.

Mirror35108F15ASprueE.jpg

This tree, E, has various parts such as tow hook, steering gearbox, and so on.

Mirror35108F15ASprueF.JPG

Again, Sprue F adds to the hyper detailed chassis.

Mirror35108F15ASprueGfront.JPG

Above and below, Sprue G is for the body.
Mirror35108F15ASprueGrear.JPG

Mirror35108F15ASprueHfront.JPG

Above and below, the cab is found on Sprue H.
Mirror35108F15ASprueHrear.JPG

Mirror35108F15ASprueSfront.JPG

Above and below, nicely done wheels are found on Sprue S.
Mirror35108F15ASprueSrear.JPG

Mirror35108F15ASprueW.jpg

More under chassis details are found on sprue W.
Mirror35108F15ASprueWxtra.JPG

Mirror35108F15ASprueZfront.JPG

Above and below, Sprue Z hails from other kits and includes a leftover engine which can be placed on the truck bed.
Mirror35108F15ASprueZrear.JPG

Mirror35108F15ATires01.JPG

Above and below, we now find rubber type tires in Mirror Models kits. Strangely, the instructions show Firestone wheels but Dunlop are offered.
Mirror35108F15ATires02.JPG

Mirror35108F15AXtrasDecal.JPG

Decals include placards and instrument dials along with three markings. These cover one Canadian, one British, and one German service.

Mirror35108F15AXtrasPEwire.JPG

A nicely sized PE set is included and covers only what is needed. Two different diameter wires are also included so no need to scrounge for them.

This is a nicely done short run kit and will result in a highly detailed replica. Keep in mind that it isn't an easy build but it is worth the high USD asking price here in the United States where I am.

Regards,

I've always heard it depends on what day of the week it rolls off the assembly line as to what brand tire you get. :popcorn

I think I got one of these Mirror brand in my stash, maybe got it from Barney? Might have to give it a whirl.

Thanks Saul! (y)

Well going by theyr model I am currently doing I will most assuredly get more of theyr kits.

Dave, the PE amount is much less than the kit you're building and no resin here either. However, I will be ordering the LZ Models detail set specifically for this kit:
35444_original.jpg

I've always heard it depends on what day of the week it rolls off the assembly line as to what brand tire you get.

They do sell the Firestone (and even a smaller set from Goodyear) tire/wheel combinations so I may go with that (or the fatter resin tires from LZ Models) based on the particular truck I want to model. I have one in mind if I can find the Resicast Polsten gun in my stash!

35437_original.jpg

Regards,

I am very interested in getting this one at some stage
http://www.mirror-models.com/135-US-Diamond-T969-Wrecker.html

My wife's great uncle who just died was a Red Ball Express driver...I had built him a GMC Jimmy a long ways back but he always talked about the Diamond T as one of his favorites as well...might have to pick one up in his memory...;)

I see they have both the Wrecker and Cargo versions of the Diamont T available. I personaly think the wrecker is just awesome looking. Right up there with the Dragon wagon and Famo.

Back