• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden C-123B

Sweet! I've been wanting one of these for a while. That is perfect: in my scale and in plastic! Then again, it is a Roden and they can be difficult to assemble well. Mine will be in SEA camo anyway so I doubt I'll have to worry about BMF.

MP, these were never gunships. The only aircraft converted to gunships were the C-47, the C-119 and the C-130. I have models of all of those hanging from my ceiling; including two versions of the AC-130.

I'll be looking forward to picking one of these up.

Didn't these fly as gunships at one time?

Two C-123K's were converted to carry cluster bomblets in a dispenser unit in the cargo bay, with a series of small doors on the belly of the aircraft for the dispensing chutes. They also had an extended nose that contained a FLIR turret. These were used at night to salt the Ho Chi Mihn trail with bomblets. They had a unique wrap around camo scheme, perhaps these are the ones you were thinking of?? They were designated NC-123K's. Hopefully Roden will release this version, or someone will come out with a conversion as I would like build one.
Ernie

They used these for spray missions during and after Viet Nam.... That mission, base at Lockbourne/Rickenbacker AFB was later moved to Youngstown (910 AW).

I knew 2 officers who were put on the temporary retirement list after being treated for cancer caused by Dioxin... and then recalled to active duty when declared cancer free...

I wonder if this will open the door for a decal sheet from Zotz? "Providers of the World"

Didn't these fly as gunships at one time?

Two C-123K's were converted to carry cluster bomblets in a dispenser unit in the cargo bay, with a series of small doors on the belly of the aircraft for the dispensing chutes. They also had an extended nose that contained a FLIR turret. These were used at night to salt the Ho Chi Mihn trail with bomblets. They had a unique wrap around camo scheme, perhaps these are the ones you were thinking of?? They were designated NC-123K's. Hopefully Roden will release this version, or someone will come out with a conversion as I would like build one.
Ernie

Must be Ernie, thanks! :eek:hyeah

Back