• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Kit Announcement Coming From Wingnut Wings

RichB

At this weekends Wellington Scale Models Expo in New Zealand.

“We’ve been running the Expo in Wellington since 2001 and it has now attracted an international reputation. Sir Peter Jackson’s World War One model aircraft company Wingnut Wings will be in attendance and holding the world’s premiere of a secret new model. Lucky show attendees will be able to be the first people on the planet to see it and take one home” said Ewan Forbes.

Cheers,
Rich

Who's our man in New Zealand??

Oh Ian! we need our man on the ground there. :coolio :soldier :Hiay

Is it possible to convince him (Mr.Jackson) to switch to the second world war theme in the same scale... :coolio
WNW... great kits!

All the best!
Dusan.

Well for one thing, WnW has focused on a lot of subjects that were just not done. I've never heard of like 80% of the aircraft they have released. WWI is so under represented in the modeling community, they have done a great service. I hope their efforts have helped the other WWI model aircraft manufactures as well.

It is a Roland CII. Dont have the box art yet but oe of these.

59_1.jpg

I like this one

59_14.jpg

Will get one or 2 just because its so ugly. Dont know what markings yet.

James

Looking at the box top It looks like this is a marking.

59_10.jpg

but I like this one too.

59_15.jpg

James

Oh now that is very tempting. I've always been a fan of outcast type planes lol. Must be why I like the Brewster Buffalo so much.

I. for one, find this fantastic aircraft to be a precursor of things to come! The original outflew it's competing fighters- take THAT! I drew up some rather serious scale plans for a 1/16 scale free flight rubber-band scale aircraft that sold fairly well back in the day. I did a sharkmouth in honor of my future friendship with Sharkmouth that still resides in a box in the garage. Granted, it's the ClIIA... I think I need this WNW kit plus the Hanover.... now, just to balance those books... ;)

I have two Eduard kits for these, now I need two more Rolands (if I find the photos the profiles are based on)!

59_15.jpg

59_14.jpg

These are already on my dance schedule:
roland-cii-1916.jpg

Plus the Whale from the Albatros book.
Roland.jpg

Regards,

Well, it seems I need one more!

59_15.jpg

RolandCIIMeerkatze.jpg

The profile isn't an exact match but close enough!

Regards,

Pictures of a built Roland C.II and scans of the 5 colour schemes offered are on the WW1 Aircraft Models site, ww1aircraftmodels.com .

If you aren't a member there, it does require that you register first, but it is painless. The kit should be up for order on the Wingnuts site for Monday.

Scheme 1, aircraft from FFA 2b in overall light grey(?) with mouth and eyes and forward firing Lewis over the propeller.
Scheme 2, aircraft from FFA 18 in overall light grey(?) with mouth and eyes and observer mounted Lewis.
Scheme 3, aircraft from FFA 62, in green upper surface over light grey(?) with mouth and eyes.
Scheme 4, aircraft from Kasta 8, overall light grey(?) with a black stripe running the length of the fuselage and on the horizontal stabilizers.
Scheme 5, aircraft from Kasta 8, overall light grey(?) with spots along the fuselage and on the horizontal stabilizers.

The green and grey are identified by "?" on the scheme pages, likely there will be a discussion of it elsewhere in the instruction booklet and soon on all the forums.

Cheers,
Rich

Pictures of a built C.IIa and the colour schemes are up at WW1 Aircraft Models. All in three colour camouflage, only White 7 with a shark mouth. A shot of the boxes has them marked at a show price of NZ$115 (approx. US$99).

Cheers,
Rich

WNW available now

Available now
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3110

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3109

James

:yipee :D

Back